Friday, December 14, 2012

Pregnancy No. 2: 23 Week Recap

I've had this drafted for the longest time, and am just getting around to posting it.  Here it is.  My 24 week recap will be up soon too!

12/3 (23 Weeks) – I’m feeling exhausted today. We had a fairly busy weekend and as usual I got to bed late. We stayed up watching the movie Lawless last night and even though I enjoyed the time with Aaron it’s hard on me when I skip sleep. Still, I would have been up late anyway because I’m usually up trying to get things cleaned and stuff packed for the next day while Mac is asleep. My usual bedtime is sometime between midnight and 1 am. I wish it were earlier because it’s challenging and I’m not sure how I’m going to manage that when we have two kids…

12/4 (23w1d) – Whew! Today I feel like a brand new woman. I got to bed at 9:30 p.m. last night! Aaron, Mac and I went to dinner last night (no cooking for me, yay!) and then we came home and all feel asleep (accidentally) after Mac’s bath. The last time I remember looking at the clock it was 9:29 p.m. I was up before my alarm today, but tried to stay asleep as long as I could. Finally my alarm went off and I got out of bed with ease! I need to figure out a way to get all of my tasks done, have time with Mac and Aaron (jointly and individually) and still get to bed that early because I feel so good and rested today. It’s amazing. This lets me know that the fatigue isn’t all pregnancy related at this point. I was definitely more fatigued in the early days (like painfully so), but now I can shake that if I have enough sleep. Maybe I just have to stop cleaning in exchange for sleep. Ha!

12/5 (23w2d) – Well so much for that thought… I was up late again last night. However, getting that extra sleep helped me get through today without falling asleep at my desk! Today the baby is very wiggly and when I told Aaron that he said it was because he’s happy. That made me smile and I really hope it’s true.

12/6 (23w3d) – Nothing much to report today. One thing I don’t mention much (if at all) is how painful it is to get out of bed in the mornings. As I’m climbing out of bed, I feel this intense pain in my pubic bone and it really slows me down. I have to make careful/deliberate moves so that I can get out without disturbing Aaron or Mac and still not intensify the pain. I’m sure this will remain in effect until the baby arrives.

12/7 (23w4d) – Today someone in my office building told me that I was really popping in the belly. She was the first stranger to notice I was pregnant and today she said “Whoa! Baby is really growing isn’t he?!” I told her I just felt fat and thanked her for reassuring me that I look pregnant and not just fat. She just smiled and said, “Oh no, you’re definitely pregnant! Don’t worry!”

12/8 (23w5d) – It’s Saturday, which means I have spent most of the day focused on Macario. I haven’t had a lot of time to concentrate on any of my symptoms, and I didn’t have any that were crazy obvious so I think it’s safe to say that there’s not much to report in that regard. It did come to mind that this week is almost over and next week is the famed “Viability Week.” I am excited to achieve that milestone and also a little shocked at how quickly these past weeks have flown. I feel like this baby is going to be here sooner than I know!

12/9 (23w6d) – We had a long day today (we made tamales). I did a lot of moving around and standing. I took a shower tonight (even though it’s late) because I really felt like I needed a hot shower to ease some of the aches. My feet hurt, my low back hurts, and my stomach is tight. I’m looking forward to some rest!

Here is a picture of me entering week 24!
24 Weeks Today!

1 comment: