So far things are going great! Her first week of life was a bit more traumatic than the boys' considering she spent the first 3 days in the NICU, but we're home now and all is well.
I am quickly shedding the weight, as was the case with the boys. I just hope that I will be able to keep it off this time.
(Notice the breast milk stain on my shirt above?)
Breastfeeding is still a bit painful. I read, however, that the pain peaks at about 7-10 days and then it gets better. Ava didn't get to breastfeed right from birth so I'm a little behind on the days. I think my peak will happen at about 2 weeks. I can't wait to turn the corner. I would love to be able to breast feed her for a full year, but for now I'm just focusing on getting through one day at a time. If I can make it through my entire maternity leave while still breastfeeding her I will have beaten my record!
That's all for now!


No comments:
Post a Comment