Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Adrian is 1 year old!

My baby boy turned one on the 27th of March! I can't even believe the first year has already come and gone. So much happened in the last year that I feel he got shorted a little, but he's so happy and loved that I don't think he noticed. 

I have been really lame about keeping up on their monthly updates, but I did want to do a special post about him this month. So, here are 12 fun facts about my special little 12 month old!

{birthday lunch at Whole Foods}
{birthday cupcake}

1. He is intense. He feels emotion with great passion. This is a good thing and a not so good thing both at the same time!

2. He can say 8 words with discriminatory meaning. He says mama, dada, more (he says muh and does the sign) all done (he says ah duh and does the sign) thank you (tah tah), hello (ha-wah), cheese (he looks at the camera and says eese!) and baba (for bottle). 

3. He loves to dance. One of his favorite songs is 1982 by Randy Travis, but he will dance to any song. He twirls himself and everything!

4. He has 2 teeth that are fully grown (bottom center) and is currently growing 2 on top, but the thing that is interesting is that he is growing the canines and not the front 2 so I call him a little vampire or Dracula. It's really cute. 

5. He is a big brother already! He became a big brother at 11 months old. 

6. His favorite foods are strawberries and sweet potatoes. He does pretty much eat everything, though.

7. He is already transitioned onto whole milk instead of formula. It only took a day to make the change. He did resist it a little at first, but now takes it willingly. 

8. He makes growl sounds for all animals. He will stand at the livingroom window and stare at the ducks in the lake and growl instead of quacking and does the same when he plays with their toy animal figures. 

9. He gives dirty looks. It's hilarious and sort of goes along with number 1.
{tame version}

10. He willingly takes 2 naps a day. I say "time for baba?" And he will take his bottle and walk to his bed. (I do transition them to water in bed as they get teeth so he's already being transitioned). He usually falls asleep within minutes. Same with bedtime. 

11. He loves daddy. Whenever Aaron gets home, Adrian cries as soon as he sees or hears him. It's like he is so happy to see him that he just falls apart and can't get to him fast enough. He does do this with me, but since I'm on maternity leave he doesn't usually have to be away from me at all. 

12. He can blow a whistle!


Happy belated birthday baby boy!!



1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie! Happy birthday Adrian! I can't even imagine how busy you are these days but I can't wait to read the birth story still!

    ReplyDelete