I really wish Blogger had a function for rotating pictures within the post! It's so frustrating that the pictures appear to be in the proper orientation when I select them to upload, but then they show up all haphazard!
Anyway, rant over. You'll just get what you get here (I removed a bunch that I wanted to share, but that were turned the wrong direction - so you're left with the pictures I felt most important to share).
I had to share this one because I love Ava's outfit and wanted to share a funny rain story.
We are in a drought. Ava is not quite 2 and so she has been oblivious to any rain we have experienced in her lifetime (not that there has been much). We are, however, starting to get some good amounts of rain and one day in particular Ava was out with this cute rain coat on and she wouldn't leave her hood on. When we walked out from the protection of the porch a drop of rain hit her head! She looked quite confused and said "Water? My head?"
I thought it was such a cute thing for my little California Girl to say. "Water? My head?" She was so confused about the entire rain situation!
Mac is starting to look so much like Aaron. He is growing like a weed and is gaining more and more independence. Here he is tackling a kitchen task all on his own. He has a recipe he wrote out himself right in front of him and he is working on his portion of the meal. I can't believe how much he is maturing and growing. I can't even bring myself to start thinking about his 5th birthday, but it's going to be here before I know it, so I'm already thinking and freaking out!
We made simple hand print turkeys and I helped the kids write what they were thankful for on the fingers. I love how Adrian's says hes thankful for "big chickens" I wonder if he thinks turkeys are really just big chickens?
Ava has been really enjoying taking pictures with mama!
The boys showing off their new clothes! Adrian's is a hand-me-down from Mac but it was new to him and he loved it!
It stayed pretty warm for most of October so we were taken by surprise by the cool weather in November. I had to run out and get Mac some more weather appropriate clothing!
I would have discarded this pic because it is entirely the wrong direction, but you can still get a good appreciation for this boy's smile and that's the most important.
I love how much Adrian loves me. He will tell me he loves me the most and squeeze me so hard. I don't know what I did to earn his love and admiration, but I'm sure eating it up!
This is his mad face. He tells us he's mad every day and when you ask if there is anything that could make him happy he says "no!"
I bought this costume the day after Halloween and only paid $2.71 for it! I just knew she would make the cutest little doctor (err Veterinarian)!
My little explorers paying follow the leader.
Still impossible to get a good pic of all three of them at once!
Plotting...
Having lunch on the front porch.
This little Miss got into my purse and applied lipstick. I have not ever once put lipstick on in her presence (always do it while getting ready in the morning and never reapply) and yet she still figured out exactly what to do with it! She's all girl!
The next series of pictures was my test photo shoot for Christmas cards. I loved them even though they weren't winners for the Christmas cards.
I love how much the boys love their little sister!
Sign of a good time: muddied knees!
Mac tried tested his photography skills!
Love these squishy faces! They had fun taking walks on Saturday mornings and having lunch with Mama!
I stayed busy purging/rearranging their rooms and crocheting. I was on a mission to finish Ava's baby blanket by Christmas (I started it while I was pregnant with her.)
We spent Thanksgiving morning with my side and then had dinner with my in-laws.
All the boy cousins shared a table.
The two girls sat together with Uncle Aaron (Daddy) at the adult table.
On the way home we drove through a neighborhood known for its light displays. The kids oo-ed and ah-ed!
The following weekend we went to play at a park and then have breakfast with my siblings before doing a little shopping.
I was able to get some outfits for the kids Christmas card pictures and my sister helped me tackle the task of taking the kids pictures.
I just love these three!
No comments:
Post a Comment