A good sign for the month of December is that I took very few pictures in comparison to other months. This means, for me, that I was more involved in our ongoing and less on the sidelines capturing the photos.
It's all about balance though because I do really want the pictures, and this month I think I found the right balance.
This first group of pictures cracks me up still. Aaron bought himself the Apple Watch and to be funny I sent him the pictures below.
My sister accompanied the kids and me to our community holiday party. It's always nice to go on the carriage ride and visit with Santa (not to mention the free dinner) but it's always so crowded that I'm considering passing on the event next year and finding something else to do in place of that instead.
It's not clear from the picture, but Mac's letter said,
"Dear Santa, Please make sure all the kids have warm homes and enough food to eat. Also, please bring my brother a red dinosaur back pack and I want a red airplane."
He read it to Santa and Santa said, "That's so nice. Can I keep this?"
The kids in the horse drawn carriage.
Ava has made a daily habit of trying to feed Buster herself -- piece by piece. He hates it, and it leaves a huge mess, but she loves it and she is just such a nurturer and I get that, so I let it happen and happily clean it up every time.
On this particular day, the kids and I were driving to pick Aaron up from the airport. It had rained heavily for about an hour and then stopped suddenly. You could literally see the clouds open up. It was incredible.
The boys keep spotting the ducks flying in "b-for-nation" as they call it and they ask me to take a picture every time. This has been happening a lot this month.
We did a lot of holiday crafts and baking. This is a picture of the boys cleaning up after a baking session and then all three sitting for lunch.
They enjoyed their lunch so much they punched the air, 'cause apparently that's what you do...
This girl is so sassy! When I think of Ava I think, "Loving and Sassy"
Just before I took the picture below she told me "Stop talking, Mama!"
I could do a whole post on her personality (and I probably will do that for each of them), but just for the sake of keeping things fresh I have to share a few of the funny things she says and does these days:
1. She sings the song for "Go, Diego, Go" ALL.THE.TIME! It never gets old because she has the cutest voice!
2. When Aaron puts her to bed he says "Close your eyes, baby" so she often tells people "Close you eyes!"
3. If she doesn't like something, wants you to stop doing something, or is just plain sticking up for herself she will say, "Stop it, me!" which means stop doing what you're doing to her.
4. She refers to her feet as "footsies"
5. When someone is hurt or sad she will go give them a hug, a pat on the back and say "it's ok"
The boys love her a lot (as you can tell)
Dance party on the table (I'm not as rigid as you'd think)
On Christmas Eve, Eve, Aaron and I took the kids to a local neighborhood that does a light display to benefit the local food bank. There was a wall at one of the houses that showed pictures going back to the very first year they started the tradition (over 25 years ago)!
We spent Christmas Eve with my mom and this is the kind of silliness we were up to!
We decorated cookies while wearing the aprons and caps my mom made for us.
I was so happy that Ava got a Little Mermaid blanket (made by my mom). She's never seen the movie, but one day she will love it as much as I did when I was little.
On the 26th I took the kids to play at a playground while Aaron conducted his conditioning training at another location.
And on the 27th we treated my mom to lunch at Ikea. She tagged along with us while I ran errands. One of my stops was at Ikea so we sat for lunch there and got her a slice of the chocolate moose cake. It was delicious and rich so we decided to just share it.
And since it was so cold out (we never got above 37 that day) we played in the kid section.
Another month in the books!

No comments:
Post a Comment