As I was getting ready for this school year, I found myself feeling really excited. More excited than I typically feel about anything. Of course part of that is due to the fact that these are my kids and I am excited for them to learn more and to develop passion for knowledge. The other part, I realized, was due to the fact that I am living out another dream of mine which is to be a teacher.
I always wanted to be a teacher, not nearly as much as I wanted to be a mother, but pretty close. At some point I decided it didn't pay as well as I was hoping, so I got into the legal field and I told myself that maybe I'd go back some day and teach a legal class at a community college or vocational school, but that has never spurred as much enthusiasm in me as the idea of being a school teacher did.
It is an immeasurable gift and true blessing that I get to teach my very own children! At this moment, my motivation is through the roof. I know that may not always be the case, but I know I'll always appreciate this opportunity.
Yes, it is a fulfillment of my own childhood dream, but more importantly it's a wonderful opportunity for my kids. Children can thrive in many environments, but I am glad for my children to be able to be learning at home for many reasons.
Firstly, I'm glad that they will have this time in their childhood to be together and to really grow in their friendships with one another. These three bicker as any siblings do, but they LOVE to be together and it is a great time in their lives to really flourish in these relationships.
Secondly, I'm glad that we they have an opportunity to discover and explore their own personal interests. To have extra time to work on their weak areas or to really plunge into their passions. With homeschool I am able to teach them in the ways they learn best which is different with each one of them.
We are able to focus on character building and communications. Since it is just the three of them, I am able to help them and hold their hands through conflicts, but also to stand back and observe as they handle some conflict on their own.
The kids are really enjoying the curriculum, their school room and the abundance of time with mama and daddy.
And I'm glad that I don't have to send them off because I'm just not ready for that yet!








You are a rock star! I was thinking about you and your sweet kiddos this week with Back 2 School. What a wonderful thing you are doing for your children and such a blessing to you. I hope they have a great year :)
ReplyDelete