Monday, July 18, 2016

First Trip to the Movies!

Aaron and I took the kids to the movie theater last week.  It was a first for all of them (and it was the first time Aaron and I had been to the movies since Valentine's Day 2010!)

Needless to say it was an exciting experience for all of us.


I've tried not to go overboard on picture taking lately; instead I try to just be in the moment, but I wouldn't be myself if I didn't capture at least one picture of them on their first trip to the movies! Don't you love their silly faces!?!

We watched Finding Dory and they all said they liked it a lot.  I was glad we chose Dory because we had considered taking them to watch the BFG, but I was worried the BFG might be a little intimidating especially for Adrian.  I am of the opinion that he is a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) so I was worried that the experience might be a bit much for him to handle, especially so if we had watched something like the BFG.  Finding Dory seemed a little less intimidating, but even still he did seem to get a little anxious at times during the movie. Overall it was evident in his smile that he enjoyed himself which I'm happy about.

Ava, had great stamina!  I was certain she would get antsy during the film, but she held strong.  All three of them got a little squirmy at the end and Mac even asked if it was almost over, but all in all they held up well.

Mac is looking forward to going again next month to watch Pete's Dragon.  They all mispronounce it as Peach Dragon and they are expecting to see a movie about a dragon who eats lots of peaches. Ha ha!  I've tried explaining it, but it's proven to be a fruitless effort (pun intended) so I figure they'll get it on their own when we go back to watch the movie in August.

It was a family affair as Aaron joined (actually he planned the activity) and I'm glad we all got to experience it together!


1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of fun! We aren't good about going to the movies either. Maybe 1 a year.

    ReplyDelete