I feel as though I've been neglectful to my blog and that is a shame because it has come to mean a lot to me.
Anyhow, here I am with a quick update to bring us up to speed.
Macario was feeling sick most of last week, so taking care of him posed quite a challenge. He's usually such a happy little guy, so it was different dealing with him when he was grumpy and inconsolable for most of the day. We've been fortunate that he hasn't gotten sick too often, and luckily it was just some stomach troubles which seem to have cleared up by now.
I thought maybe it was caused by too much fruit. His doctor agreed that could be the case, but labeled it "gastroenteritis" which is fancy talk for stomach flu. It had him feeling pretty miserable and wanting constant comfort. I stayed home on Thursday to take care of him and felt so bad as the best I could do was keep him hydrated and snuggle him until he could get passed the sickies.
 |
| Macario getting extra snuggles from Mama |
|
I took him for a walk that day thinking that the fresh air might help make him feel a little better. It did seem to help, so when we got to the park we hung out under a tree for a while. He loves trees, so we spent quite a while under there while he gazed at the leaves. He inevitably began to fuss and so we headed home.
 |
| Walking to the park |
 |
| My little cool guy just strolling along |
 |
| Mommy and Son enjoying the day |
 |
| So mellow under the trees |
 |
| Trees!!! |
Last night, I started working on the new version of baby shower invitations I'm making for Lalo (Aaron's brother) and Mari's baby shower. I was almost done making the first round of invites when Mari called to tell me that they ran off and got married! I was thrilled, but when it started to sink in I realized that she would probably want the invitations to reflect her new married name and not her maiden name which I totally understand.
 |
| First round of invites |
Aaron has also been busy with a full plate of his own lately. His coaching partner quit last week, so now he's juggling morning, afternoon and evening trainings all on his own. Suffice it to say, he's been a busy, busy guy!
Our biggest challenge last week was Macario being sick and, therefore, difficult to manage. This week's challenge will be having our sidings and windows replaced. It is a very noisy project and so far two of Macario's naps have been disrupted by the noise. I hope that he'll learn to tune it out as the guys continue their work throughout this week and next.
No comments:
Post a Comment