Saturday, October 19, 2013

Macario is 30 Months Old

Dear Son,

Arg! Me harty!  You are now 2 AND A HALF YEARS OLD!  What an awesome milestone and yet so sad for mommy who wants you to stay a baby forever.



Daddy and I took you to pick out a Halloween costume and this is what you chose; a pirate hat, sword and eye patch.  What a character you are.


You say, “arg, me harty!” just like a real pirate, but cuter. Ha!

I’m usually really sad when you turn another month older (heck I get sad when the day is over and I realize I won’t ever get it back), but this month is exciting.  2 and a half sounds so substantial.  It’s really special for some reason.
Stats

Weight/Height – I can’t say for sure because I haven’t had you weighed and we don’t own a scale, but I know you’re growing.  Your clothes are just not fitting as well as they once did.
Sizing – Speaking of which Daddy and I have gone out and picked up new clothes for you.  You probably didn’t care one bit that your pants were getting a little short or that your shirts were a smidge tight, but we feel better knowing you have some properly fitting clothes to wear now.

We bought all 2T sized clothing and it worked out perfectly.  You seemed to sprout like a weed – fitting in your old clothes one day and not fitting in them so well the next.  I’m glad to have you in your new wardrobe now.
Physical Development

This month we bought you a scooter and you picked it up immediately.  Your coordination is far better than mine has ever been so I’m sure you get that from Daddy.  I was so proud to see you scoot off on that thing like an old pro.  I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little discouraged that you still haven’t picked up on pedaling your bike.  I know you’ll get it one day, but you do everything else with such ease that, that was making me a little upset.  Now I see that it’s just not your interest.  Apparently riding a scooter is!


Likes

You’re really into Halloween this year.  We made so many crafts together and carved pumpkins the other night.  We’ve been having a lot of fun doing all these Halloween activities together!


You also still really love to read.  Your three current favorites are “Happy Halloween, Curious George,” “It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse!” and “Room on the Broom.”

And of course helping me cook and “make” in the kitchen is still among your favorite activities.  “Make” is how you say “bake.” Pretty sweet.   


Dislikes

Taking pictures and bedtime are your most disliked activities of the moment.  I have to plead with you to get a picture and also have really been struggling with you going down quietly at bedtime.  I bought you a football nightlight and I think that’s helping.
Firsts

You are exhibiting fears.  Not that you have been fearless, but now scared of things you don’t see.  The idea of things that are scary can get you worked up.  Specifically – werewolves.

Being that its Halloween, you’ve been exposed to some (mildly) scary stuff including a man in a werewolf mask who jumped out at you on the “Haunted Train Ride” we went on at the pumpkin patch.

When you tell me you’re scared of the wolf, I remind you that they can’t come to our house because I will spank them.  I first tried telling you they weren’t real, but you saw a werewolf at the pumpkin patch as far as you’re concerned so telling you they aren’t real isn’t cutting it.
Fun Stories
One day you were telling me that you were scared of the werewolf.  This is pretty much an everyday occurrence and I have just made a habit of telling you that werewolves can’t come to our house because they’ll get a spankin’ from mama.
You don’t usually get spanked, but you know what it means.  You do however get put on time out and so on this day when you were telling me you were scared, I said the same “He’ll get a spankin’” and you retorted with “and he will get a tiiiiime out!”  I about died laughing and then said, “Yes, he will get a time out.”

When you were a baby every moment was new and so special and I treasured it.  As you’ve gotten older, each experience is still new, but there is this shared enjoyment.  I can see that you enjoy time with me and Daddy as much as we enjoy time with you which makes it all the more special.
I hope that you’ll always enjoy and want to be with us.

Happy 30 months, son!
Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment