I have so many blog posts to catch up on (Adrian's monthly updates, 2 pregnancy updates, a clothing haul, daily entries...) but for now I'll keep moving forward and get something up!
So here we go. Our pumpkin-filled weekend.
Friday
We met Aaron at Trader Joe's on Friday afternoon. Mac has been getting so excited about all the pumpkin displays ok the stores, but this one was the best so far, so we took pictures.
I wish my arm wasn't in the picture but I couldn't trust Adrian not to flip off the hay stack!
Saturday
We made jack-o-lantern candle jars (not sure what to call them, actually) out of glass jars I bought at the Dollar Tree, mod podge and orange party streamer! It was a really fun project for us and suitable for his age.
He chose to make one that had a scary face like the one in his book, "It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!"
Here they are in action:
Sunday
Aaron and Mac went for a walk on Saturday and ended up at the grocery store and came home with a pumpkin.
We still plan to go to the pumpkin patch, but we are going with family and so that's not happening until next week.
Anyhow, again, Mac chose the face and I did the carving, but he helped scrape out the seeds and pull out the pieces I carved. It was a real team effort!
Then we made a homemade pumpkin pie!
He wasn't involved in much of the festivities, but this little guy was super cute nonetheless!










I love the modge podge pumpkins!!
ReplyDelete