Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sickies

'Tis the season for catching any and every illness out there! Ever since I was pregnant with Mac, I've caught at least one cold and/or flu each year. 

This season started with the boys having stomach bugs. That was two weeks ago and it was a quick passing bug. 

But it all starts with one little bug and rolls on and on. 

Last Friday, Mac woke up feeling very feverish and had a horribly runny nose. He missed his little friend's birthday party on Saturday, but they were so sweet that they stopped by and dropped off some cake and Mac's favor!  I'm kinda glad they did so they could see for themselves that he really was sick and I wasn't just flaking. 

Anyhow, I spent most of the day trying to keep him engaged in low key activities so he wouldn't wear himself out.


It wasn't easy, but I pulled it off and I got him to take in lots of fluids (I usually give him lots of warm water with honey in it while he has a cold.)

I had hoped it would skip over the rest of us (especially the cutie):


But as you can imagine we all caught the darn bug!

We were all sick together on Sunday. I got sent home for being "contagious" on Monday and then took Tuesday off. 

Last night was rough for Mac and they are supposed to go to my MIL's this afternoon so I'm taking off early to pick them up so they can be home sooner than later. 

Thank goodness I work for the most understanding people ever!

1 comment: