Friday
On Friday evening we got the kids out to run get some physical activity out by the river.
Mac was so cautious about everything and totally reminded me of myself. I'm glad he's careful, but I felt bad that he was so anxious. I don't want him to be the kind of nervous kid I was. It's really stressful!
We went to trader joes to pick up some snacks and things before stopping at another park where we ate sandwiches for dinner and let the kids play.
Saturday
I took the kids to my uncle's house (I originally stared this paragraph "The boys and I" because I'm still not used to referring to my children as "the kids" which I have to do now that we have Ava). He and my aunt were having a joint birthday party for my little cousins.
The boys had a great time playing in the yard which my aunt and uncle have turned into a kids play land!
Mac loves going there. He thinks its a park because there are swings, slides, rock climbing walls, a clubhouse, sandbox, and now a trampoline, 2 pools, a tether ball, and chicken coop!
That afternoon Aaron insisted I take a nap and even made me a bed in the livingroom next to him.
I usually wake up from naps feeling sluggish, but this time I felt so rejuvenated. It was exactly what I needed and I didn't even know it.
Sunday
Sunday was our 6th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything special other than hang at home together all day.
I cleaned, did laundry and managed the kids. When they napped I ran to pick up some groceries and got home to put it all away.
It's not always feasible to have an elaborate celebration when you have three young children.
I did get the kids to bed in record time so we showered and then watched a show. It was the kinda of special treat we appreciate. Quiet time together.
That was our weekend. Hope everyone else had a nice weekend as well!








No comments:
Post a Comment