I thought I would share a few stories about each of them here.
Macario (4 years old):
One day, all three kids were playing in the room. I heard Adrian (Sito) wailing so I asked him to come and tell me what he was upset about. He explained (as best he could) that Mac had taken something from him.
So naturally I called Mac over next. I asked him to tell me what happened - he has a tell when he's lying. He gets a really cheeky smile, his hands turn palm side up as he shrugs his shoulders and he starts spouting off a story or just says "I don't knoooooow!" with an arch in his voice.
As soon as I saw his hands turn up and his facial expression change as he started to tell me that whatever had happened was all in Sito's imagination I stopped him. I said, "Stop and think about what you're telling me because I don't think you're telling me the truth."
So he paused and then in one breath he said the following:
"Well, I was playing in my room and Sito threw the ball and I took it and then he started crying so I came over here with my shadow and I said something that wasn't true and now I'm saying something that is true."
So much of that story was funny to me (in particular the randomness of "I came over with my shadow") that I had a hard time keeping my composure. The good news is I believed the second story and felt he had done nothing wrong so I thanked him for telling me the truth and reminded him that telling a lie is worse than admitting the truth even if the truth could get you in trouble. So all was well in the end and I got to share a funny story with everyone!
| Not exactly the face, but along these lines. |
Adrian (2 years old):
The funniest thing I can think of as it relates to Sito lately is that he describes everything as "huge" regardless of size. It's all described as huge or just simply labeled "a huge."
He'll say, "Look, mama. It's a huge!" or he might get really dramatic and say something like "It was a really big...huge...bug!" I caught him on camera telling a story of how there was a spider in the paddle boat the last time I took them out on the lake.
Here he is:
So funny right?!
Ava (14 months old):
The funny things that Ava can be caught doing lately include, bossing her brother's around, sassing us (in her baby babble language) head butting us all, playing dress up, wearing purses and strutting around the house and my favorite thing lately is raising the roof and shaking her fists as she dances. Here's a video from last month. I didn't catch her raising the roof, but she is still so darned cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment