Monday, August 24, 2015

July 2015

This girl is just the absolute queen of our hearts.

pigtails!


Her first carousel ride.


I colored her toe nails with washable marker just to see how sweet her toes would look painted. I was right!


A girl on the go!

She and Adrian are little buddies.  They don't always play with each other, but they hover around each other during play most of the time.

People often mistake them for twins.


This month we enjoyed going on walks together on Saturday mornings.  This is an old ritual coming back to life as the weather is shifted a little from SUPER hot all day every day to a bit milder in the mornings and early afternoon.

We took a walk to have breakfast one morning before playing at the park.




My dad treated us to a day at the fair which the kids loved!





I have been able to get on carousels with the kids (wasn't able when I was pregnant) and I get sooo dizzy!






We spend a lot of time with family, but usually not at our place (it stresses Aaron to have people over because of his OCD tendencies).  However, he took his annual camping trip in July and I got to babysit his cousin's kids while they camped (their mom still had to work).

Mac loved having them over and getting to show them around his home and show off his toys.


They all had so much fun.  We walked to the park, had baths, watched a movie, took naps, and played with toys.  There was almost no fighting at all!

Little guy kept losing his shoe!



Toward the end of the month we welcomed a new member to the family:




His name is Buster (after our neighbors dog - Mac is original like that). The kids love him!  Especially Ava.  She loves all animals - stuffed and alive.  She calls them all "baby" and loves them HARD!  My sister compared Ava to the Tiny Toons character, Elmyra, and I have to say I agree.


Some other randoms from the month include:

A pic I Aaron texted me while I was at work that said "I love my life"

A pic of a pic - I spotted this throwback in a photo collage at a family friend's house.
I'm still crazy for him now like I was in this pic! (we were 16 and 19)

Mac was helping his dad and big cousins BBQ during an impromptu get together at our place,
This enormous butterfly at my mom's. It was at least the size of my hand!

I compiled a few clips of the kids from July and after I got it all put together I realized that they were mimicking a lot of adult behaviors throughout the video. It reminded me that we really have to be careful of what we do around our kids because it doesn't matter what we say, they are always watching and learning from what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment