.
We spent a lot of time outside/in the pool this month. It was the perfect way to burn off some of the kids energy, but soon enough that just wasn't doing the trick. They must have built up their stamina!
Ava loved laying back and trying to float on her back. Adrian was timid at first, but very quickly took to the water and to swimming with just the water wings. I was very cautious at first because even with the wings on the wearer still needs to utilize certain skills I didn't think Adrian had, but he showed me right away. I'm still careful, of course, but I've definitely backed off at his request!
Mac was much improved from his last pool exposure. He wasn't really into swimming at Adrian's age and he didn't seem to understand how to use his arms and legs to move about the water. He was very stiff and nervous about getting water in his face. This month he started out sort of nervous, but when he got to see his cousins jumping in the water and having a blast in their pool, he decided he wanted to do it too!
There was no stopping him after that. My big boy enjoyed swimming freely in a life vest and even started jumping in the pool which obviously means he was completely submerged at some points and his face was getting wet!
This little girl is growing up so fast. She loves to take anything with a handle and treat it as a purse. It is so interesting to me that she picked up on this behavior. For me it just goes to show how intrinsically feminine my girl is because the boys have as much opportunity to witness this behavior from me (carrying a purse), but she has been the only one to mimic it.
Speaking of Ava, she found a toy that is a mix of two of her favorite things: a stuffed animal ("baby") and a purse. She cried "bebe, bebe, bebe!" until I handed her this toy and though I teach my kids that they can "visit" with toys in the store, this time Daddy said the princess could have this toy.
Me and my girl, ready for a date with Daddy.
Just a funny picture of her. She looks a lot like her cousin Delia in this picture.
For Father's Day, Mac made Aaron this "Super Dad" picture. I loved it, but it embarrassed Aaron a little. Fine by me though, I left it hanging for quite a while. Ha!
We also made Aaron a special Father's Day breakfast. It was turkey and asparagus fold overs, berries with fresh whipped cream and sour cream and chive scrambled eggs.
Mac plated the food and put the whipped cream under the berries. I like his version better. It was prettier than I would have done.
My oldest boy is a very sentimental guy. Lately he has been voicing how much he misses us (Aaron or me) when we are away. Sometimes I think it's just a way to get attention, but in any even he clearly needs or wants more from us so one morning I treated him with a little visit to my office. He stayed with me for the morning and we went home together at lunch where he stayed with Aaron when I returned to work. He has a nap at 1 so we timed it almost perfectly.
Finally, Adrian has been really coming out of his shell. He's still quite shy, so what I mean by that is he is using his own voice a bit more. Mac has always done the talking for him which seems to be normal from what people tell me and as the oldest I admit I was my younger siblings advocate (whether they wanted it or not) and I took it upon myself to speak for them all the time!
Making his own pizza!
Just being cute!
Saying "cheese!"
I can't believe how much he has changed!
Aaron and I have each taken opportunities to spend a little individualized time with the kids and Adrian has really thrived from the chance to be alone with us and have our undivided attention.
My kids are so special to me. I really love getting to see how much they love each other and how much stronger their bond grows with each day and each new experience.


No comments:
Post a Comment