This was such a fun weekend for me. First of all, I avoided the grocery stores because we went to Costco on Friday night and I picked up the very basics and so I skipped the grocery store all together this weekend. It was a nice breather.
Instead of going shopping for groceries I did the fun kind of shopping (though I have to say, I'm so cheap that I felt pretty ill by the end of the day) but my mom and Aaron encouraged me to let go a little.
Saturday morning we left the house at about 7:30 to drop Aaron off with his work buddy (they were holding weekend practice and Aaron car pooled with him) and then I went to my dad's repair shop to have him change a sensor on my car.
After that we met my mom at Nordstrom Rack. I needed to get a few things, but first and foremost I wanted to find shoes for Ava's birthday/Easter dress.
Here she is modeling it. And the shoes we chose are below.
She loved trying on shoes and chose these all by herself!
I got the boys some running shoes because they will be racing together in April. I think they will also wear them with their Easter suits.
Finally at NR I got myself this purse. It took a lot of coaxing from my mom and encouragement from Aaron (by phone) but I finally bit the bullet and splurged on a purse for myself. I've never spent more than $30 on a purse, but you get what you pay for and so I finally went for it.
I rationalized it by saying that it would count as my birthday present and that it is large enough that I could use it to carry kid stuff in it when I'm with the kids since I don't really need a full diaper bag anymore.
We also stopped at Carters so I could buy khakis to go with the shirts shown above. The boys will wear these shirts for their annual birthday photos. Aaron doesn't like me to dress them like twins so I chose these two RL shirts because they are close to similar without being identical. I did buy them matching pants however.
We had lunch then I picked up some household supplies at Target. Finally we met up with Aaron (who was having lunch with a friend) and we all went to his brother's together. They have an ATV that the kids got to ride. Ava took a short ride with Aaron, but sat with Mac for photographing purposes only.
Sunday I cleaned like a mad woman. It felt really good to purge things and give things a good scrub. It was also warm enough that I could hang some things out on a rack to dry. Sometimes I feel like airing things out really makes a difference.
The picture above is not from this week, but I forgot to take picture of my hideous laundry piles which looked similar to this so I put it here for context.
I stick to Flylady's rule "A load a day keeps the chaos away," but always seem to have at least this much left to do by the weekend. It's ok though, because I know that this season of my life is short and sooner than I know the kids won't need me as much as they do now.
In fact, I feel that the time is coming nearer because I am able now to accomplish more and in less time than before without feeling any extra stress. I'm not sure whether that is attributed to efficiency or the kids becoming more independent and helpful with these sorts of things.
The kids and I made chicken and biscuits from scratch for dinner. In addition to everything else I also made a loaf of bread, scrubbed the double jogger, cleaned the car, worked on Ava's party outfit and still had time to sit with Aaron for The Walking Dead last night.
OH! And I think I'm going to make this fully raw berry shortcake for my birthday. My mom is going to bring me my spring form pan (left at her house years ago) and I think I'm going to go ahead and make this.


Love the purse! I am glad you splurged for yourself! And Ava in that dress is just too cute!
ReplyDelete