Anyhow, here is a recap of Week 16. It's been a crazy dream week and also exciting gender determination week!
10/15 (16 Weeks) – OH MY GOSH! Today I’m 16 weeks (4 months pregnant) and I have only 5 days left of waiting before I get to find out (hopefully) the gender of this baby! I’m starting to really feel girl vibes (I probably have already said this), but it’s hard to say if that’s because I’m starting to have a preference or if it’s my instinct. If I had to make a guess at this point I would say girl, but I don’t know what my basis is for that. A symptom to mention today is pelvic pain. I started to feel it late in my pregnancy with Macario, but this time I’m feeling it much sooner. I think maybe it’s cause my pelvis is a little weaker after having been through one pregnancy already, but it’s nothing too bad. I used to sit on a heating pad when I was pregnant with Mac, so I might bring mine to the office again and see if that helps.
10/16 (16w1d) – So tired! I’m crazy tired and I’m really annoyed because we got to bed super early last night, like before 11 p.m. and that is a record for us. Nothing seems to help with the exhaustion I feel and it also doesn’t help that I’m having to wake up to pee before I’m ready to be up for the day. I never really get back into a good sleep after that. This morning I was up at 5 a.m. to pee and sort of drifted off, but was in and out until my alarm went off at 6:30 a.m.
***Funny thing I forgot to mention and now I don’t remember what day it was that this happened, but for some reason a few nights ago I felt like I was breathing really heavily as I went to sleep. Every time I started to drift off I would sort of jolt up because I could hear myself. Aaron finally asked me what was wrong and I said, “I feel like I’m breathing like a pig!” and I can’t even remember what his response was, but I’m pretty sure he confirmed that I WAS breathing like a pig.***
This morning as I tried to get back to sleep I heard Aaron whisper, “Maria, close your mouth.” Without even opening my eyes I closed my mouth and then heard him chuckle. The only thing I can think of is that your muscles relax a lot in pregnancy and maybe that is the reason I’m so ridiculous at night and would explain why I become a crazy drooler when I’m pregnant.
10/17 (16w2d) – Forgot to take notes, but I was home with Macario this day. I was very exhausted from taking care of him the entire day. It’s almost easier to just go to work and then take care of him the remainder of the day, but definitely not preferable. I was so happy to have so much undivided time with him as I know I won’t have that luxury as often as I’d like when this baby comes. I won’t have the option to spend so much concentrated time with this baby either. Thinking of that makes me sad.
10/18 (16w3d) – Pelvic pain today and lots of it. I think I may have overdone it yesterday with Macario. I had some pelvic pain with Macario, but not until the last several weeks, so given that I had it on Monday (after the lots of walking at the pumpkin patch on Sunday) and today (after lots of physical activity with Macario yesterday), I’m thinking it has to do with too much physical strain. I’ll have to be more aware of my limitations.
10/19 (16w4d) – I had my prenatal appointment today as well as Macario’s well-check. My appointment went well (as did Macario’s). Am down two more pounds (5 lbs total). My blood pressure was great which is important to note because my head has still been hurting and that could point to a serious issue, but since my BP was good the nurse practitioner wasn’t concerned. I told her that I think it had been at least 5 consecutive days, but I’m not sure exactly how many. I just know it’s been quite a few. Her suggestion to me was to pick myself up a coffee and take some Tylenol. She said I might be in need of caffeine since I don’t usually have any while pregnant and also said I should take Tylenol as needed.
After Mac’s appointment I headed over to Starbucks and treated myself (and my sister) to a nice sweet treat. I told Aaron I had to ‘cause it was prescribed! He bought it, but said not to go crazy. *chuckle*
10/20 (16w5d) – BIG DAY! Today we found out the gender of our baby! Aaron predicted it was a boy, though he was hoping for a girl. He had plans to go to Build-a-Bear and shopping at the consignment store if the baby turned out to be a girl. He was ready to spoil this baby! I was picking up on his enthusiasm and started hoping for a girl. I really didn’t have any intuition about the gender, but started having dreams that it was a girl and was sort of hopeful that we could have a girl so that Aaron could have his little princess.
During the ultrasound the tech passed over the baby at an angle that showed the gender. When I saw it I said “Oh my gosh.” I don’t know if they could tell, but I was in disbelief. Then the tech rolled back over and froze the frame. He pointed out the baby’s legs and then pointed to the gender and said, “Do you see that thing pointing up?” I answered, “Yes. It’s a boy.” He confirmed. “It’s another boy!”
I cried this time (I didn’t cry with Macario). I didn’t cry because I was unhappy, I cried because I really felt like I let Aaron down. He was really excited at the possibility of having a girl and I was definitely picking up on it.
Afterward, Aaron’s mom took us out to lunch and we called and texted the news to our friends and family. Everyone was excited for us, but we (at least I) still needed time to process the news. After a while we both agreed that we were happy, but thoroughly surprised that this baby wasn’t a girl. Not because we felt it was going to be, but because he will be the sixth grandson in Aaron’s family. There are still no girls!
By the end of the night we were both really excited and even agreed on a couple of names. That was refreshing because we were having a really hard time agreeing to a girl name.
10/21 (16w6d) – Getting more and more excited about another boy. I forgot to mention the names we’ve narrowed down to. We have Manolo and Fausto. As of today, Manolo has sort of phased out and now it’s become Fausto vs. Faustino. My dad came over last night and mentioned that he loved both Manolo and Fausto, but that he liked Fausto better because he had an uncle named Faustino and Aaron decided he really liked that name. So we’ll see what it will be.


Love the update! Congrats on baby boy #2!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dianna!
Delete