Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pregnancy No. 2: Week 14 Recap

10/1 (14 Weeks) – Ugh it’s Monday. It feels like, I always drag in the mornings, but on Mondays it’s particularly bad. I feel great aside from being tired. I’m really excited to be well into the second trimester now. If there was any room for doubt last week, there is none now. Definitely in second tri territory now! And I feel it! No nausea anymore, my hunger is in check and I just feel amazing overall. Except for the fatigue, however, I have a feeling that, that will linger well after baby is here...


10/2 (14w1d) – Started doing cloth diaper research today. We are going to fully switch over to CDs when baby number two comes (I think). Right now Mac does CDs part of the time, but I am educating myself even further on cloth diapering so that I don’t give up on it like I did with Macario. I’m super excited to buy my first batch of diapers because I’m getting a newborn stash first and they are going to be so cute and tiny!

10/3 (14w2d) – My car battery died today at lunch. I was sitting in the parking lot at Starbucks (mooching their internet) and when I was ready to head back for my office the car wouldn’t start. I did not have it running (I was low on gas otherwise I probably would have) so it wasn’t from sitting there running, it’s just dead. We’ve never replaced the battery so I’m sure that’s what it is as it’s probably about time. Sucks though cause we are thinking of trading that car in for a van or SUV so I don’t want to have to put a lot of money into it just before we get rid of it. I walked back to my office from Starbucks (a 5 minute walk) and called my mom to come give me a jump when she is off work so I’ll be off work early today and Mac is already home with my sister so I don’t have to pick him up today. At least there’s a silver lining!

10/4 (14w3d) – Back pain persists today. I went ahead and emailed my doctor to confirm that the version of Tylenol I have here is safe (500 mg Extra Strength/Rapid Release) and she quickly responded with the go ahead so I took one pill. She did say that it’s safe to take two, but 1 is closer to none so that is what I prefer.

10/5 (14w4d) – Took another Tylenol today. I really didn’t want to do it, but I’m only taking one pill so if I don’t take it now it may not be powerful enough later. I think it’s really weird that I have all this back pain because it’s totally opposite of how I felt with Macario. Again, it’s probably all to do with my level of restedness. (Is that a word?)

10/6 (14w5d) – Back pain is much better today. Macario and I took an early walk today and it was so nice spending that time one on one with him. The fresh air was wonderful too. I really should start walking more now that the weather has finally cooled (Thank you, God). Otherwise turned out to be a pretty low key day. As usual on the weekends, I don’t think about this pregnancy a lot. I get so focused on Macario that I don’t really stop to engage. I feel like that is probably a natural occurance, but I still feel bad that I’m not as centered on this baby as I was Macario. It’s strange, but I think it will get better as these next few weeks play out since I’m starting to feel movement and we’re soon going to find out the gender. I think those things will help.

10/7 (14w6d) – Football Sunday! We did some cleaning today and I did all the laundry. We also had my in-laws over to watch the game and make cookies. Aaron ordered pizza which I would usually be excited about, but this time I was turned off. I was like that with Macario toward the end. I liked the idea of pizza, but wouldn’t actually want to eat it. That’s a good thing I guess.

15 Weeks tomorrow and only 13 days until we learn the gender! I can’t believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment