Tuesday, May 13, 2014

7 Weeks Postpartum

This past week has been frantic as I scramble to do all the things I intended to do before I return to work.


Even with all the scurrying, I am trying to stay present with the kids because I know how sad I'm going to be when I do go back. 

How Ava is Doing


As you can see this girl is well fed and gaining weight nicely!

I took her for a weight check yesterday and I'm proud to say she is 11 lbs 11 oz!

She is a great eater and an ok sleeper. 

This week we noticed her having a predictable "witching hour."  She fusses from about 9 pm to 11 pm and only the breast can settle her. At first I found this frustrating, but it occurred to me that she is basically calm all other times of the day, which is helpful when dealing with the boys, so this block of time is her mommy time. She deserves it. Plus it forces me to do what I really want to do (savor every last moment of babyhood) instead of spending the time cleaning (which is what I would do if she were content.)

I don't want to let this time in my life pass with me being so distracte by housework (endless housework), so I definitely have appreciation for this "witching hour"

She has yet to give me a real smile, but I think we are getting close! What she does instead is stare at our faces and you can see that she is examining every feature. 

How the Boys are Doing

The boys are wonderful. They have such fun personalities and are so good with Ava. 

Adrian is teething hard right now so that part is rough, but he still sleeps well and that is probably the hardest part. 

Mac has taken whining to a new level. I heard about a technique where you repeat to kids what they're saying, but in the way you want them to say it and when they do finally stop the whining and speak appropriately, then you happily move on.

This works for us most of the time, but requires a ton of patience. Ordinarily I would ignore Mac until he stopped whining, but that would sometimes cause him to start acting frantic and that drove me crazy so I knew I needed a new approach.

So far so good. 

How Im Doing
{got my hair cut}

Tired and grungy. This week has been great, but intense nonetheless. 

I've been too lazy to shower at night and the mornings are impossible to get a full shower because the kids have been waking up at odd times of the morning this week so I have had little time for showering. I get cut short every day, which shows me that I need to shower at night. Even if I had motivation to go back to night showers, it would have been hard this week because of Ava's heightened demand for nursing time. 

I'm also less anxiou about returning to work. I know I can do it. I've done it before. I'm just sad that I won't be with the kids all day anymore. 

That's all for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment