Friday, May 23, 2014

Brain Dump aka Randoms

I have a friend who does blogs she calls, Randoms, often and I have so much appreciation for what that sort of brain dumping can do for your mental health.  Maybe I'll do randoms more often, maybe I won't but today feels like a good day for me to do one!

So watch out because I literally just stretched to prep for what I'm about to type! LOL

1. I popped my writs last night and hurt it really bad.  It has been troubling me since I was about 13 weeks pregnant with Ava and it's been up and down on the pain scale, but yesterday as I adjusted the strap on the diaper bag around my shoulder I felt a pop and then had a burning sensation for several minutes.  I had all three kids out so I had to just move on with life, but it hurt so bad all I wanted to do was stop and cry! Now it's sore and I'm not sure what to do with it!

2. Today I have well-checks scheduled for Ava and Mac.  I always get stressed before taking them in to have vaccinations, but today I'm really stressed because I don't know how Mac is going to handle it.  He loves going to see his doctor now, but it's been a year since we've seen our pediatrician for Mac.  Mac probably doesn't even remember what happened the last time we went in for him and I'm worried that this time he will remember and will always be stressed about going there after this. I always got stomach aches from anxiety when going to the doctor as a kid.  I also wonder if taking them all at once like this makes sense.  I'm going to be in the doctor's office with all 3 kids by myself. I wonder if Adrian will sit patiently for long enough to get through both of the other kids appointments or if Mac will be excessively whiney after his vaccines and want to be held (which will be hard to do with Ava strapped to me). I hate making multiple trips the same office, but depending on how today goes I might have to do that from now on.

3. I have so much CRAP to get rid of in my house.  I feel like I want to purge everything and toss it all in the trash (and I have already done a few sweeps which all made it to the trash) but I don't know where to get started and am far too attached to everything to get rid of it.  I also keep thinking to myself that I'm not 100% sure we'll never have another baby so I don't want to get rid of everything.  I don't know how to break my grip and I desperately want to!

4. Ava isn't taking the bottle well and Aaron tells me every day that she is hard to deal with when it comes to feedings.  I feel so bad for them and wish I knew what to do.  I tried to help her practice with the bottle last night but she wasn't having it. I have found a technique that I'm going to work on over the weekend, and if it works I will share my experience.

5. I've been promised a higher position at work, but the guy in the position I've been promised has to find a higher position for himself first.  He's been on several interviews and gotten nothing.  I know I could go to a different department and move up more easily which I feel like I should do (for financial reasons) but it's not necessary for me to do (financially) so I sit and wait.  I don't think I will though because my supervisors here are AMAZING.  My second day back they let me work from home half the day to be with the kids while Aaron left for work.  I get to telecommute on Thursdays now and I have to leave early again today which they are totally understanding about.  Their support is irreplaceable so I'm probably just going to keep sitting and waiting.

6. I participated in a webinar on Positive Parenting yesterday because I have become frustrated with myself and how much more easily I lose my temper with Mac. I feel awful over it everyday.  Well after the webinar I was excited to go home and practice the techniques.  I definitely felt like I had better interactions with all of the kids and was far less taxed by the end of the day, but Mac was definitely challenging.  He must have detected the difference, but on the other hand I really got to see how intelligent he is and how capable he is to make the right/acceptable choices without me imposing them on him. 

7. The eczema on my hands is OUTRAGEOUS.  It calmed down significantly after Ava was born but it is ridiculous all over again.

8. Aaron and my 6th wedding anniversary is coming up (we celebrated 13 years together on May 18th).  Also coming up is father's day.  I feel like I have to do something special every year, but every year I have no idea what to do!

OK that's enough.  I probably have anyone reading this stressed as much as I am now too!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your wrist feels better and I hope things went well at the dr. I love that you said you aren't completely sure if you are done having kids. That is awesome that work is so flexible. I love the random post! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete