Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Wise Words

As with every relationship, mine comes with times of struggle.  Aaron and I have a beautiful life filled with people we love and who love us in return.  We have been blessed with the three most amazing children imaginable.  Despite all of that, we also have stress and there are times that we don't get along, see eye-to-eye or treat each other as we should.

We are human and no human is perfect.

When I am weak, he is strong and vice versa.   We are currently going through a storm that will pass in time.  As we tread the waters, I have been referring to several quotes from the bible and have even made myself some art to refer to, to help keep me strong.

I thought I'd share:


This first one reminds me that even if I am hurt or feel justified in anger, that I don't want to fight fire with fire.  Doing so only deepens the rift. What I really want is a loving marriage that will last a lifetime.  So I must do what I can to fill in the cracks and build up my husband/our household.  I am reminded to put away my own pride and be humble so as not to destroy the thing I love most.

I should make another for this quote:

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18


This second one reminds me not to be reactive, but to internalize and then think before responding. I have spoken out of anger before (haven't we all?) and I've never found it to be very productive.

There are other quotes I keep handy to remind me of the wife and mother I strive to be, but today these really spoke to me.


2 comments: