Unfortunately, he was not feeling well and didn’t get to enjoy himself as much as we would have liked. We probably should have skipped the trip all together, but I was too stubborn to let it go. I really wanted us have that experience.
Fortunately, though, he was in a relatively good mood and held up pretty well throughout the day. I was most worried about how he’d handle the car ride, as it’s a 45 minute trip to the patch, but he handled it better than I expected. At the patch, he didn’t get cranky nor did he fuss at all, he was just sort of mellow and clingy and not as excited or smiley as I had envisioned he’d be.
I imagined he’d be like this as he took in the sights, smells and sounds:
![]() |
| Happy baby - not the day of our trip |
![]() |
| Mellow baby - ignoring the pig races |
We’ve been going to the same patch for the last 4 years and have always loved it. This year, though, there were TONS more people than in previous years and they have started charging for EVERYTHING which was a bit of a disappointment. I think I heard Aaron say it had gotten too “commercial” and that’s exactly right. (Please excuse me if that wasn’t Aaron, but I know someone said it.)
No one really brought as much cash as was needed to do all of the things we wanted to do and they don’t take cards (except at the ATM machine which charges you an arm and a leg to pull cash), so we skipped out on some of the things we wanted to do. Still, I love that patch and think we’ll continue to go there. Next year we’ll just have to be better prepared for that part.
Even though we skipped out on some things like the corn maze and the train ride we still got to share a picnic together, watch pig races, buy goodies like caramel apples, go on a hay ride, and pick pumpkins.
![]() |
| We tried |
They also have a hay covered trampoline that I’d like to take him to next year. He had a really great time kicking his feet in the hay on the hay ride, so I’m thinking he’ll really like bouncing around in it next year!
Here are some pictures from our lovely Pumpkin Patch Trip! I've capitalized that because it’s an official name, you know. *smile*
![]() |
| Pumpkin Head! |
![]() |
| Kicking around in the hay |
![]() |









No comments:
Post a Comment