Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter!

Last year, Easter landed just 5 days after Macario was born.  Needless to say he did not participate in any Easter fun.  This year however, he is nearly a year old and had a great time playing outside, eating some BBQ and hunting for eggs!
Macario's First Easter 4-24-11 (5 days old)
We're all still fighting with a nasty cold, but we managed to have a little time with our families.  Sunday morning Macario and I met up with my mom and sister at church. Macario was a little out of sorts during mass, but he was just having fun eating up all the attention he was getting. 

After church we headed over to my mom's to pick up the food she made for a BBQ at my uncle's house.  We had a quick Easter egg hunt for Macario (his first of 3 hunts that day) before heading back out for the BBQ. I heard my youngest brother say, "he's not going to know what an Easter egg hunt is!" but Macario sure showed him! He found all the eggs, albeit with a little help, but he quickly got the hang of it.  I wasn't sure he'd get it either, but we don't like to place limits on his abilities like that, so I gave it a shot and he picked it right up!
One of his Easter baskets (he went straight for the food)


With our first Easter egg hunt under our belts, we made our way over to my uncle's house for a family BBQ.  My aunt and uncle have created a park in their back yard for their little boys and Macario had a great time playing on all the equipment.  Later he participated in another egg hunt. He loves to be outside and play with other kids, so he was having a blast.
 

Aaron met us at my uncle's house. We stayed to visit for a while, had a quick bite to eat and then headed off to visit with Aaron's family.  Again we were outside and Macario had more cousins there, so he continued to have a field day!

Some of us adults hid the eggs for the kiddies to find and then we turned them loose. It was really just Macario and his older cousin Delia hunting for eggs, but just watching the two of them toddle around looking for the eggs was so cute!  
My friendly guy kept hugging everyone!

After a while we headed home to rest up.  I hadn't really stopped moving all day, so when I got home and sat down exhaustion set in fast! I really hope this cold will pass soon, but none the less we had a great day.

I haven't had that much fun on Easter since I was a kid!



1 comment: