This dinner was so easy to make. All I did was take some defrosted chicken breasts, lightly season with salt and pepper and then top with salsa (here is the salsa I used) and shredded cheese.
I covered the chicken and then baked at 350* until cooked through (plus a little longer because I'm paranoid about undercooked meats).
While my chicken baked I prepared some Spanish rice.
To do that you need:
1 cup long grain white rice rice
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 cups water
3 oz (half a can) tomato sauce
Garlic Salt (or plain salt) to taste
What you do:
Take a pan that has a tight fitting lid and over medium high heat, heat up the oil slightly. Then add the rice and saute until the rice is golden brown (stirring regularly).
Next stir in the water, tomato sauce and (garlic) salt. DO NOT STIR AGAIN AFTER THIS STEP.
Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low. Cover your pan with the lid.
Let that simmer for 20 minutes and then let it rest (covered) off the heat for another 10 minutes.
NEVER open your lid unless you smell the rice burning or suspect that you need to add water.
I also served a spinach salad with tomatoes, broccoli, olives, pepperoncini and a homemade lemon vinaigrette.
Here's the finished product:

That looks awesome!!
ReplyDeleteIt was delicious! I might make it for dinner again tonight!
Delete