This weekend was so much fun and the weather was perfect!
Friday night I made these babies to take with me to a playdate with my work friends and their kids. They aren't worth mentioning except for the fact that the recipe calls for 3 eggs and it was midnight when I realized that Aaron finished up the eggs that morning. I was determined to follow through with the recipe (because I couldn't think of anything else to make with 20 oz of spinach and a pound of cheese) so I googled "egg replacements" and found a site that suggested I use 2 tbsp of water + 1 tbsp of oil + 2 tbsp of baking powder for 1 egg. I made enough of the mixture to replace my 3 eggs and it worked fairly well! I was proud of myself for being so resourceful.
Friday night I made these babies to take with me to a playdate with my work friends and their kids. They aren't worth mentioning except for the fact that the recipe calls for 3 eggs and it was midnight when I realized that Aaron finished up the eggs that morning. I was determined to follow through with the recipe (because I couldn't think of anything else to make with 20 oz of spinach and a pound of cheese) so I googled "egg replacements" and found a site that suggested I use 2 tbsp of water + 1 tbsp of oil + 2 tbsp of baking powder for 1 egg. I made enough of the mixture to replace my 3 eggs and it worked fairly well! I was proud of myself for being so resourceful.
| Courtesy - BettyCrocker.com |
Aaron had a meet all day Saturday and left early in the morning. Macario and I left shortly after him and headed off to our playdate! My work friend Andrea and her family hosted our group. It was the first time we had all of our kids together at the same time and it was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again.
I have better pictures of all the kids playing, but I don't
have parent permission to post so these are all centered on Macario.
Later that day, Macario and I headed home. I made a pit stop first (at Target) but we spent the rest of the day listening to music, playing and cleaning. I made a few phone calls that night to check in with my mom and mother-in-law and then I sat down and worked on decorations for Macario's birthday! We're just planning a small gathering and BBQ, but I want to make it special with some hand-crafted décor.
Sunday morning, Macario and I met my mom for church. Afterward, the three of us met up with my dad and my middle brother for breakfast/lunch. Macario was being so funny. He kept saying "bapa" (grandpa). He has yet to say grandma and my mom mentioned that she thought that was funny since he spends so much more time with his grandmas than his grandpas.
Sunday morning, Macario and I met my mom for church. Afterward, the three of us met up with my dad and my middle brother for breakfast/lunch. Macario was being so funny. He kept saying "bapa" (grandpa). He has yet to say grandma and my mom mentioned that she thought that was funny since he spends so much more time with his grandmas than his grandpas.
After breakfast/lunch Macario and I headed home. He had a nice long nap while I did some cleaning. When he got up from his nap, we headed right back out. This time we were off to the park and then to pick up some food for Mac's birthday BBQ.
Here he is walking to the park and walking around the park. He had the best time and really worked up an appetite.
Here he is walking to the park and walking around the park. He had the best time and really worked up an appetite.
![]() |
| We used Dandelions to try and teach him to blow. Practicing to blow out candles! |
We stopped to have dinner and pick up the food before heading home. Macario was completely worn out by that time and was ready for an early bedtime.
Aaron and I even had time to relax and snuggle up with a movie before heading to bed! It was such an amazing weekend.
Aaron and I even had time to relax and snuggle up with a movie before heading to bed! It was such an amazing weekend.
















Good idea with the dandelion! Did it work?
ReplyDelete