Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's for Dinner: Chicken Parmesan (Pt. 2)


In this blog entry I discussed my desire to try and make Chicken Parmesan. I decided a few nights later to give it a go, but when I got home I realized that I #1 had forgotten to defrost my chicken and #2 had no eggs!

I felt extremely discouraged and disappointed because I was really looking forward to giving this recipe a shot. Besides that, I had no clue what else I was going to make for dinner, so I brainstormed and decided to go ahead and make it. 

Obviously I modified the recipe and as I put it in the oven to bake, I said a prayer and hoped it would be edible by the time I was ready to take it out of the oven.

Here is the finished product:
Bird's eye view!
 
You can find the original recipe here. However, to make my version all you have to do is coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with some Italian breadcrumbs, then place your frozen chicken breasts on top of the breadcrumbs. Season the breasts with a little bit of salt and pepper. Top the breasts with bread crumbs and a drizzle of olive oil.

I let them bake like that for about 10 minutes, then I poured some marinara sauce on top of each breast and sprinkled them with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Then I baked them until the chicken was cooked through. 

They turned out moist and delicious. I'm sure that they would have been much tastier had I followed the recipe, but this was a good quick and easy alternative!

If any of you have tried some of the recipes I've shared, please let me know how they worked out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment