Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pregnancy No. 2: Week 13 Recap

Wow, I’m late getting this posted, but I’m back-dating it for purposes of keeping things in order.


9/24 (13 Weeks) – I’ll sum up today in three words: pimples, hungry, backache. Still, I’m happy as can be to be living this life and growing this new one inside of me. Up to this point no one has noticed that I’m pregnant, but some days I feel like I’m bursting with baby already. It’s sort of embarrassing because I feel like it’s really just my extra pudginess, and not so much baby. It’s almost as if I feel like I look “too pregnant” for this stage. The funny thing is that when I wear my normal clothes (which still fit fine, by the way) I just look pudgy. However, when I wear form fitting or maternity clothing I look obviously pregnant. Like I said, it’s a little embarrassing to look so pregnant this early on, but I’m currently watching a mom vlogger’s video diary of her second pregnancy, and when she was about this far along she said the same thing. She had a little extra pudge and was embarrassed so she was trying to hide it until she realized she might as well just flaunt it. I’m going to try to take a note from her and just forget about looking “too pregnant” this early on.

9/25 (13w1d) – I have been feeling like a true pregnant lady. Today I was like a pregnant lady out of a movie. Like how the woman just starts to be all scatterbrained – yeah that was me today. First of all, I got absolutely not one thing done before I went to lunch. I kept trying to focus myself, but I just could not concentrate on work (without falling asleep). Then, at lunch, I went to the store to buy Macario some wipes. As I was walking up to the register I realized I didn’t have my wallet. I thought for sure I left it in Macario’s diaper bag as I usually stick it in there on the weekends so that I’m not carrying a diaper bag and purse. I had completely forgotten that today was Tuesday, so my wallet has been back in my purse since yesterday, and that I took it out at my desk this morning which is where I left it! Then as I walked to my car I began to feel lost. I could not remember where I parked. I don’t think I’ve ever lost my car in a parking lot. If I ever get a little turned around I can at least remember what direction I was facing when I parked the car and whether I parked to the left or right of the store entrance which helps me to narrow down an area before I’m completely lost. But today, I couldn’t even remember that much. I wandered around the parking lot for a good 10 minutes. As I wandered I began to feel the urge to pee. So, I was a hot, lost and had to pee. So fun! This pregnancy is proving to be much different than Mac’s pregnancy, but I’m still happily in shock that I’m blessed enough to have this experience more than once! Before I got pregnant with Macario, I didn’t think I’d ever have the experience of carrying a child and now I’m getting to experience it again!

9/26 (13w2d) – Forgot to log symptoms today.

9/27 (13w3d) – Forgot to log symptoms today.

9/28 (13w4d) – Back pain today, but otherwise nothing major to report.

9/29 (13w5d) – I don’t have a lot of symptoms to report about today symptom wise. I took Macario to the doctor today and on our way out I stepped on their scale and noticed that I put a pound back on. So as of today my weight is down only 4 lbs from beginning of pregnancy.

9/30 (13w6d) – Felt the baby move again! It was a little swoosh in my low belly, but definitely was the baby. I’m so excited that I’m noticing it so early this time. I never expected I would, but I know that it happens sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I’m happy to say that is true for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment