{early second trimester bump!}
The second trimester started off slow, but after finding out
the gender things started to speed up.
Physically, I was feeling some new-to-me symptoms. Namely--carpal tunnel and
sciatica. I was also looking pregnant
much sooner this time than with any of my pregnancies.
Emotionally, I had come to grips with the pregnancy and the
panic and anxiety were a bit more controlled.
I was very excited (as you can imagine) to find out the baby’s
gender. I tried really hard to convince
myself that it was unlikely for us to have a girl. I think partly because I believed it, but
also because I was bracing myself so I wouldn’t be disappointed if it wasn’t a
girl.
On the other hand, everyone else kept saying that the odds
were good for a girl since there were already so many boys in the family.I also had myself convinced that if anyone was going to have a girl, it would be Aaron’s sister. I told him this, but he didn't seem agree.
Oddly, enough we found out his sister was due with her first
baby soon after that. She announced the pregnancy to us when she was about 4 months along and she just a few weeks ahead of me.
I was convinced she was going to have a girl and we'd have another boy.
This wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. I was expecting another March/April baby and
if it were to be another boy I wouldn’t have to buy a single thing for him
because I had everything from Mac and Adrian already!But after I had Adrian I had come to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to have a daughter. We weren't planning anymore children, so I was accepting and grateful. To have another opportunity for a daughter dangling in front of me was hard and was harder once we found out that Aaron's sister was in fact having a girl.
I felt sad for myself.
But, things worked out and we got our girl!
Even though I was sad about the possibility of not having a girl, I know I would have loved having 3 little princes to dote on and to be my mama's boys.
Besides, finding out the gender, I was actually glad to have an ultrasound and see/hear the heartbeat. I hadn't felt the baby move as much as I expected to feel it by then and I was honestly worried, though I mostly kept it to myself.
Turns out she was fine and she didn't actually move a whole lot for most of the second trimester.
The anatomy scan with the hospital was perfect, so I didn't let the lack of movement worry me too much.
She has made up for it in the third trimester for sure!




No comments:
Post a Comment