Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Best Intentions

Lately I find myself failing to do all the things I intend to do. Whether it be vacuuming the hall or taking care of an errand, I always set out to do XYZ but never get past ABC. 

Ever since I had kids this has been the case because their needs come before anything else (as far as I'm concerned) but it just feel like I have no grip lately. 

Aaron thinks I'm too attentive. I might step away from doing the dishes 5 or 6 times to tend to the boys whereas he will have them wait until he completes a task (their safety permitting of course) before switching gears to help them. 

I know I have to find a better balance and I feel like I will (or hope I will) but in the meantime it's frustrating for everyone around me (especially me) that I don't always accomplish all the things I intend to. 

Like keeping up with this blog. I love having a blog because I haven't kept up on baby books. I don't have a single photo album of our family assembled orphoto book  printed so I rely on the blog to maintain my memories for me. 

So I'm going to keep trying to maintain this blog and hope that I get into some sort of groove soon. 

For now here are pics of what we have been up to since my last post:

1/25 - my baby shower




(I still haven't sent my thank you cards...)

Crafting and Cuteness




Practicing phone skills


He gets a serious look on his face when he is "on the phone" and says "Dada! Dada!" again and again. 

More prep for the big day/hospital stay


Aaron and I agree that we want the boys to stay with us at the hospital when baby girl is born. It worked out great with Mac last time, but Adrian is a far more challenging personality than Mac is so I'm a little apprehensive, but as stressful as our stay might be as a family, it will be far more upsetting for me to be away from them at all, so we're gonna make it work!

Doctor's Appointment 


The boys tagged along for my last appointment.


Maybe Mac will be a doctor when he grows up?! Mommy would love that.

31 weeks


Playing in the Rain


We finally got a good downpour of rain here (our state is in a drought) and Mac went out puddle jumping with Daddy. They came back all muddied and wet. Mac was so proud!

(That's a crummy picture because its actually a picture of the preview from my camera screen).

Crafting and Sign Language 



Mac is getting so good at proper placement of things when we are crafting. He got all the sun's rays on with the points going in the right direction!

Adrian is getting really good at using signs! He mostly uses "more" because it relates to food (his favorite thing). 

So that's it for now. Hopefully my next post won't be as delayed as the last few have been. 


1 comment:

  1. Yay for a blog post! Your boys are so dang cute! I can't imagine staying in the hospital with my two, but you should do what you are comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete