Monday, February 24, 2014

We're Horrible...

Horrible at holding off until the day of a special occasion to give gifts that is!

Adrian and Mac are coming up on their 1st and 3rd birthdays (waaaa!) and we ordered Mac's gift a while ago.

It took FOREVER to get here (sort of better in our case) but still got here in plenty of time for his birthday. 

While on our way to the zoo yesterday, I stopped at our mailbox to pick it up and then Aaron caved and gave it to him early. 


It's a Thomas the train watch and he loooooved it! He had been asking for a watch and he loves Thomas, so it seemed like the perfect gift. 

We have yet to decide what to get for Adrian and I'll probably pick up a little something to give to Mac on the day o go birthday, but the watch was his main present. 

It's sort of fitting for us not to focus on "material" gifts on their birthdays. We do a lot to exemplify how blessed we feel and appreciative we are to have them all year long, so as special as the day of their birth is to us, it doesn't need to be marked with giving a gift on the day of. 

As I said, I'll probably get him a small present to mark the day, but as we go through the years we will always make sure to talk about how we love and celebrate him (all of them) everyday.

Speaking of which, we had another fun family day. This time we went to the zoo. 

We decided to purchase a membership so the boys would have something fun to do with daddy over the summer as I'll be cooped up with baby girl!

They had a great time. We all did actually. 







We made a stop at Whole Foods for lunch and a final bit of shopping to round out our groceries for the week and then headed home for chores!

**********

As a final bit of cuteness, I will share some baby girl stuff. 



I picked up the cute rose themed shirts on Saturday (Baby Gap and Macy's First Impressions) and I made this rosette headband on Saturday night!

Now I just have to get to washing all of her clothes!

1 comment:

  1. I love how excited Mac is! And Adrian is such a cutie! He just looks so kissable. I am eager for baby girl Rios to get here so I can find out her name!

    ReplyDelete