Saturday, July 19, 2014

Ava is 4 months old!

A few days ago I was rocking Ava in my arms and as I realized how much she has already grown and changed from the time she was born made me cry. 

I sniffed her hair and held her close as I tried to absorb as much of that moment as I possibly could so that it would never ever leave me. 

The moment passed as they always do and always will. 

These last 4 months with my little girl have been amazing and blissful. 

She is a sweet and easy baby. I love her so much and treasure her dearly. 

Each month is also a celebration of another month of breastfeeding! We are still going strong and I absolutely love it. 

I have thought about it often (it being the fact that I breastfed her but wasn't successful at it with the boys). I know that I feel different with Ava than I did with the boys. I definitely would not say that I love them less than I love her, but I do feel different. It's almost like she needs me more so I feel more of an attachment than I did with them. I know now that its because she needs me. I'm the only one who makes the milk she needs to grow and thrive. With the boys it was different cause Aaron could just as easily slap together a bottle of formula as I could and that was that. In a sense they didn't "need" me. She does. 

This makes me feel so responsible toward her. More so than with the boys. It also makes me very proud. Like I'm the full mother. I grew her in my belly, fed her the best foods while I was pregnant, I birthed her (I did labor even though it was a c-section) and now I make her food from my body. It's seriously so amazing and I'm so happy to have experienced it all. 

At this point my little miss is sleeping like a dream, babbling up a storm, smiling and giggling and begging to use the Bumbo seat. 

She has yet to roll over but that is because I usually forget to do tummy time with her. She'll do it eventually so I'm not concerned. In fact I'm sort of glad I don't have a mover yet. Three kids on the loose is not going to be easy!

All in all though, things are great and life is 1000 times more amazing ever since Ava has arrived. 

Today my mom took us on a mini shopping spree. Anything I said I liked she got for Ava in celebration of her 4 month birthday. 

I had to finally stop her, but I'm not sorry that she went a little crazy 'cause I'm in love with the little outfits we got. 


I can't wait to dress her in each one!

Happy 4th month, my little Avey Baby!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 4 months of breast feeding!! It is hard but worth it. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete