I haven't done a weekend post in quite a while, but I love doing them because the weekends are the most concentrated period of family time we have together.
Our plans for the weekend changed on Friday night due to a work obligation that came up for Aaron. Originally he was to attend a meet for his private running club and I was going to run errands and clean house while Aaron was gone. Later the five of us were going to go to our niece's first birthday party. However, Aaron ended up having to report to his job with the high school early Saturday morning. This conflicted with his commitments to the private club, so I stepped in to help him. I borrowed my dad's truck so that I could transport the girls on his private team to their meet in the next town over and then Aaron met up with them when he was done with the high school.
Mac enjoyed the ride with the girls. He was telling them the funniest stories and being such a ham. He said things like, "Did you know that lots of dinosaur species eat meat, but also some species eat plants?"
He also had fun telling them about how he rode a train for his birthday last year and that this year he will be running his first official race on his birthday. I'm so excited that he's excited about the race.
In the end we came together at my mother-in-law's for our nieces birthday and had a nice time. Our niece is 3 days older than Ava, however, Ava is much bigger than she is. Our niece is just a tiny thing because Ava is actually of average size.
| I put them both to sleep - I felt pretty accomplished. |
The girls look the same size in this picture but I think it's because Ava is all curled up.
The boys had fun playing outside all day. They are just like their dad in that way. They also had fun practicing their writing skills with me. Mac knows how to write his letters so he was practicing spelling words from memory and Adrian was practicing shapes.
The next day, I took the kids to breakfast with my family. Aaron hung back at home because Sundays are his day to decompress. After breakfast my family joined me in taking the kids to the park.
They had so much fun running around with my dad and my brother. Ava especially loved being with her uncle and he was eating it up too because she is usually pretty standoffish with him.
And to round off our outing, I headed over to the grocery store with the kids. A little trick I like to use is to take them to the park before the grocery store, because it helps them burn off some energy so that they aren't wound up in the store.
When we got home the kids took naps and then painted Easter decorations while I put away the groceries, made dinner and did some tidying.
No comments:
Post a Comment