Dear Son,
Today you are 11 months old. As I sit here and type that I’m actually getting choked up. I can’t believe we’ve been blessed with such an amazing baby boy or that this year is going by as fast as it is. Having you for a son has made this whole experience so enjoyable and makes me wish I could turn back time and go through it all over again! I know I’m going to miss this part of your life, so much. I truly wish it could last forever, but we just keep moving forward...
![]() |
| 11 Months Old! |
As of this month you are most definitely walking. Even running at times. You no longer prefer crawling over walking. You can even clap your hands and walk at the same time which is sign of good coordination! You still need to use a prop to get yourself to standing position, but you do try really hard to get to standing without using something to push up on. I’m sure you’ll get there soon.
Since you are walking, it's even more challenging now to keep you from getting into trouble...
![]() |
| Running! |
![]() |
| Walking with a lolli-pop |
We haven’t had any sleep regressions since I got you back on track. You did have one hiccup a few nights ago, but I nipped that right in the bud. The trouble was likely due to teething since your doctor says that you seem to have a new tooth coming in, but I think was too sympathetic of the teething issue before and I allowed everything to get completely out of whack, so we won’t be using that as an excuse anymore!
In regards to sleep, you’ve also given up your dream feed! That happened the same weekend as the time change (which you also had no issue with)! I had been wondering how I was going to wean you off of your dream feeds and hadn’t really decided on a plan of action yet. I was getting anxious, however, because once your teeth came in I became concerned about bottle rot. I knew that you shouldn’t be feeding in your sleep anymore. Fortunately, you took that upon yourself and made things very easy for Mommy!
![]() |
| I'm going to miss these quiet snuggles before bed. |
Your bedtime routine is also a little different now in that you aren’t falling asleep on the bottle at that time either. After your bath I now feed you with the light on while I read a book or just talk to you. That helps to keep you awake during your feeding, so that I can brush your teeth when you’re done. Once your teeth are brushed, I lay you down in your crib and you fall asleep on your own! The past month has been a good one where sleep is concerned.
Also, in this past month I got to celebrate my first birthday as a mommy! You were extra cuddly that day and I told myself it was because you knew it was my birthday even though I knew you had no idea. As it turned out, you were sick with what I think was Roseola (which explains the cuddles). You had no other symptoms aside from a fever of 103.3. The fever was making you very sluggish, but otherwise you were fine.
The next day, I took you in to see your doctor just to be sure we weren’t dealing with an infection, but the fever had broken and you were in good spirits. After the fever you broke out in a rash, so it was likely Roseola. Thank goodness too, because the only other suspect was a UTI and I bet those are no fun.
![]() |
| Sick baby cuddling with Daddy |
While we were at the doctor’s office you got weighed and were down to 20 lbs 15.1 oz (that’s a loss of about 7 oz). Your doctor said that is normal since you are walking and was very impressed that you’re walking already.
He was also impressed with you for your vocal abilities. While he was examining you (particularly your diaper area) you blurted out a bit of gibberish that sounded a lot like “I a boy!” Dr. David (we’ll use his first name) was completely taken back. I responded to you and said, “Yeah, you’re a boy!” Dr. David looked at me and said, “It sure sounded like that’s what he said?!” He couldn’t stop smiling after that. He even made a comment that if you weren’t 10 months old he would bet that, that was what you said! I guess we’ll never really know if you mean to say that, but you sure had Dr. David stunned and have me looking forward to he day when you really do start speaking real words. I’m always wondering what your little mind is thinking of.
We’re currently planning your birthday party. It’s so bitter sweet (as most things are now-a-days). I can’t wait to see you dig into your little cake or rip open your gifts, but I’m so sad to see my baby turning into a boy. I’ll never get these days back, so I just keep trying to suck as much out of life with you as I can each and every day.
Happy 11 months, son.
Love,
Mommy
For fun here are some more pictures of you from the last month
![]() |
| St. Patty's Day! |
You at exactly 11 months old





















He is growing up way too fast!! I can't believe we have known each other for about 2 years now!!
ReplyDeleteYeah I know! That's pretty incredible. I've appreciated getting to know you. It's too bad we don't live closer together so our boys could grow up to be buds!
Delete