I have to say I seriously LOVED this weekend. Aside from the fact that Aaron worked most of the day on Saturday, and we didn't get out to the asian bistro I mentioned for my birthday, I'm so happy for the time we spent together.
Macario and I started off our Saturday at home. We did the usual stuff, play, nap, clean, etc. and when Aaron got home we headed out for a late lunch. Whenever we go out to eat now, we usually order something small for Macario to eat like a big boy, and he loves it! He was eating and dancing in his chair the whole time. It was really cute.
We also ran over to Target to pick up some things for the house and a few grocery items, but we spent the rest of the day at home.
I started Macario's bedtime ritual half an hour early on Saturday night to help him adjust to losing an hour (I actually did everything half an hour earlier on Saturday to prepare him for the time change, including waking him up early that morning).
Sunday morning was great. He adjusted to the time change like a champ and woke up at 7:35 and was happy as a calm! The two of us headed off to church while Aaron headed off to do some more work stuff and then we met up later for breakfast at one of our favorite places downtown. We're becoming well-known by the servers at this restaurant because they are in love with Macario!

After breakfast we came home to get ready for the week. Aaron retreated to the bedroom to relax and do some work while Macario napped (for 3 hours)! With the two of them tucked away in the bedrooms, I got a TON of housework done which made me extremely happy.Macario got to bed exactly on time on Sunday night, so I was able to get the rest of my housework done and take a long shower.
It can be so stressful for me when we have a busy weekend because I still have things that need to be done which I don't have a lot of time for during the week. I end up focusing a lot of my energy on getting chores done and not enough on Macario or Aaron. That is why I love it when we have a quiet weekend like this one. I got so much done and feel like I'm starting the week off on a great foot!. It was a great weekend for sure!



No comments:
Post a Comment