Wow! Is it really Monday already? The weekend completely breezed by. Here's a quick recap of what we did:
Friday night, Macario and I hung out a little while at his Uncle Lalo and Aunt Mari's house. Mari babysat on Friday and the boys had a great time together, as usual! I just love to see these two play together *smile*
Saturday, Aaron was away at a meet ALL DAY! Macario woke up just in time to say bye to Daddy on his way out in the morning.
I had a few errands to run on Saturday, so we were going to have plenty to do to pass the time until Daddy got home. After breakfast, I got Macario dressed and let him play while I cleaned up. When he went down for a nap I got myself ready and had some time to do a bit more cleaning and get the car packed.
One of the errands I wanted to tackle was to pick up some more pjs for my little guy. I realized he needed MORE pjs when I saw his little diapered butt hanging out of a newer pair of pjs! I don't know when this kid is going to stop growing! Fortunately, he still fits his everyday clothes! What is it with the pjs?
I found the cutest stuff and bought him a couple sizes bigger so he'd get some good use out of them. Hopefully that works.
I also had to pick up a prescription for myself. I have raging eczema and I finally got a new prescription since my old one wasn't working. I laughed when I opened the package because the tube is so big! I remember thinking, "I probably won't even be able to finish this off before it expires!" Crazy.
![]() |
| Top: New Prescription, Bottom: Old Prescription |
For lunch Macario and I shared a sandwich from the deli in the grocery store and he earned himself ANOTHER free balloon! He's such a scammer. The clerks at the grocery store are always oo-ing and aw-ing over him and he eats it up. As soon as he gets their attention he points at the balloons and says "uh" (his word for up) and flashes a big smile (he knows exactly what he's doing). Before I knew it they were calling someone over to floral to get him a balloon. He thought he was so cool with his blue balloon or as he says it, "boon boon."
I think it's so funny that his cuteness keeps earning him free balloons. As kids when we wanted something my mom didn't have money for she'd ask, "How do you want me to pay for it, with my good looks?"
Macario played with his balloon in the car all the way home. After his second nap, we headed off to the park for some fun in the sun. I cannot believe what a nice day it was. I'm hoping this beautiful weather will hold out until his birthday next month, but I sincerely doubt it will. We are bound to get some rain and I'll bet we'll get it in April!
Saturday night, Aaron brought home a pizza from Whole Foods and some treats including "The Help" on DVD for me! He said he got it for me as an early birthday gift. We sat and watched it that night after I put Macario to bed (I kept him up late on Saturday so he could see Daddy).
I didn't take any pictures on Sunday *frown* but it was also a really nice day. The three of us met up with Aaron's family to visit his grandma and after that he headed off to a seminar while Macario and I visited with my family. My brothers were in from out of town so they were excited to see him. He loved the attention and was being very adorable.
We got home a little late on Sunday night and after keeping Mac up late on Saturday he was having a really difficult time getting to sleep. Having your child on a strict bedtime schedule is a blessing and a curse because it's amazing to be able to get that quiet time at night to get things done, but there is little room for flexibility. He did get to sleep eventually, so it turned out ok.
Hope you all had a nice weekend!







Looks like a fun weekend! And of course he earned a free balloon on his good looks! Being cute isn't easy : )
ReplyDeleteSo true! Must be why our little guys are so tuckered out by the end of the day :)
Delete