This weekend was kind of an off weekend. I think the weather is making me feel gloomy, but this morning Macario's smile made me realize that there's nothing to complain about. I even made up a song on his behalf, "Don't be sad, just be glad. You have a beautiful baby boy who gives you kisses so just enjoy!"
Ok, I know that was lame, but it really put things in perspective for me after the weekend I had and especially after spending another morning cleaning up ANTS! They got after my fruit on the kitchen counter and the drop of shampoo in the shower. Grrr!
Anyhow. The high points of this weekend were:
Saturday morning Macario and I eased into the morning by having breakfast on the couch while watching a cartoon (I was so tired I can't even remember what we watched, but it was either Little Einsteins or MMC).
![]() |
| He found a friend in the mirror |
In the afternoon the three of us we went for a walk around the park and then had lunch at Whole Foods. Macario was being especially cute at Whole Foods. He was eating whole grapes, pushing the shopping cart around the sitting area (yes, HE was pushing the cart!) and he was even chasing a little boy around while he laughed hysterically! He's such a character.
After lunch, we came home and I got all my cleaning done! I stayed up way too late that night. Aaron and I started a movie around 10:30 p.m. and I got so into it that I stayed up to watch the whole thing. When it was over I realized that there was food out and I didn't want to find ants in the morning, so I was up until 2:00 a.m. cleaning up the food! (At least I avoided the ants on Sunday morning).
I decided to skip church on Sunday morning because I was tired and the weather was looking gloomy, but regretted that the whole day (not such a high point).
Still, we had a nice time at the farmer's market. We got lots of yummy produce, and a pinata for Macario's birthday party.
His grandma bought him a kiddy stroller to play with at her house. He loved it! We let him walk it all over the farmer's market and out to the car. It took a long time because he kept veering off, so Aaron would have to redirect him, but it was so cute watching him push that stroller around.
Finally, we rounded out our food purchases with a stop at the grocery store and then headed home to prepare for the week.
I guess I'm just in a weather related funk, because we did have a really nice weekend. Hope you all did too!


No comments:
Post a Comment