Sorry I didn't post a "What's for Dinner" recipe yesterday. We had sort of a crazy night (Mac's first time to the ER), so I had no time to prepare a post. No worries though, we're in good shape today and he's feeling like himself again.
Today I read a post from a friend's blog and it was a list of quirky things about her. I thought it would be cute to do one like it, so here it goes:
- I make my bed every day. If Aaron isn't still asleep in it before I leave in the morning I'll make it then, however, if I don’t get a chance to make it before I leave I make it first thing when I get home.
- I currently have 1,582 images/videos of Macario on my iPhone. That's not counting the 200+ I've removed or any that are on my camera!
- I love reading articles and watching shows about organization. I wish I had the funds to go all out like some of those people do!
- I write a quick blurb about our day in my hand calendar each day. Even if I just put something like "Mac's first bike ride. Dinner out." I just like to keep note of what we are doing from day to day.
- I have a tendency to want things to be symmetrical (balanced on either side of a mid-point). For example, I did Macario's birthday banner with pictures from Birth-12 months because I wanted to have an even number of pictures on either side of his 6 month photo.
- I'm a bit obsessed with the idea of beign efficient: I get in the appropriate lane well before I know I'm going to have to be there to avoid having to fight to get in later. I pack Mac's bag every night so I'm not running around trying to do it in the morning. I clean top to bottom so I don't make a mess on surfaces I've already cleaned. I put the TV on the channel I know I’m going to want to watch in the morning, so all I have to do is push "power".
- I've become a very nervous person since having a child. When the weather is unpredictable I get nervous about natural disasters. I refuse to go to the zoo or anywhere near it because I am nervous about the animals escaping. I go to bed nervous about someone breaking into our place while we're sleeping (we live I a safe neighborhood, but I've watched too much "I Survived")
- I don’t sit down to watch TV a lot, but I like to have it on for the background noise. I should really change that to music though because neither Aaron or I want Mac watching a lot of TV.
- Even though I like the background noise at home, in the car I usually only listen to NPR because the music makes me feel like things are in chaos which leads me to get overwhelmed and then I find myself speeding!
- I love make-up. Always have. When I was a little girl my aunt used to call me Mary Kay because my name is Maria and I loved playing with make-up.
- My son is already more than half my height. At 27 years old, I am 5 foot even (60 inches). He is 31.5 inches tall at a year old!
- I understand Spanish, but am too insecure to speak it, so when people ask if I'm fluent in other languages I always say no.
- When I was young I wanted to be a doctor or a teacher. I grew up to be neither of those things.
- My husband is 10 inches taller than I am, but weighs less than me. This makes me feel short and stumpy.
- My great-grandmother named me off of a Catholic calendar.
- My favorite perfume is Versace Crystal Noir (hint hint, Aaron…mother's day is coming!)
Pre-setting the tv channel made me laugh and I love that you aren't a fan of zoos either even if it is for different reasons! That is awesome that you are bilingual even if you don't use it! (but you should!) Thanks for linking to me and glad Mac is okay!
ReplyDelete:) Thanks, Dianna. It was so fun reading yours. Happy you enjoyed mine!
Delete