Today, I am one proud Mama! Macario is learning new things all the time which always makes me proud, but lately it seems he's doing something new EVERY DAY.
For example, when I came home from work today I immediately began playing with him. I was doing the opposite of tossing him in the air--I was holding him and pretending to drop him and doing so on the count of three. I'd say "one, two, three" and we'd drop.
Probably the second time I did it, he exclaimed "thee, thee!" so I did it again. The next thing I know he's "counting" to three with me saying "thee, thee, thee!" I asked Aaron, "do you hear him?" I think half of me is always in disbelief and wondering if it's just my proud mommy-ness making these sorts of things up in my head, but nope, Aaron heard it! Our son is a genius!
I'm telling you, it's that Einstein hair!
Einstein hair: these pictures were taken when Mac was 11 months old.
I'm also extremely proud of my husband for conquering his fear today! As confident as he is, he is not comfortable with public speaking. However, he had to give a speech tonight at his team's banquet and from what he tells me he nailed it! He had a speech prepred, but having to read off the paper was throwing him off, so instead he decided to speak from the heart and he did great.
In my opinion it's harder to get up in front of people and wing it or just speak from pure emotion. I feel that actually leaves you more vulnerable, but he did it and I'm so proud of him!
Gosh, between these two I feel like a slacker. I don't think I've done much of anything worth mentioning, but seeing them excel in life motivates me, so hopefully I'll have some accomplishments of my own to brag about soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment