When I was young I remember wanting to everything that adults did. (I can't believe how much in a hurry I was to grow up.) I remember the first time I ever saw one of those child-sized shopping carts in the grocery store.
For whatever reason we had gone to a different grocery store than our usual one and this store had mini shopping carts! I asked my mom if I could push one, but she said no. I'm sure it was because she had 4 other kids and not enough carts to go around (so you can see the problem she was trying to avoid). Still, I always wished I could have pushed that cute little cart!
Macario is now at the age where he loves to mimic things he sees us do and pushing his mini stroller around is one of his pass times. Having that in mind I decided that I was going to let him push the mini shopping cart at Trader Joe's today to see how he'd like it!
He was so cute and so excited to be pushing the cart around. He was even browsing the shelves as if he was really shopping!
It was such a fun experience to let him practice his practical skills and feel a little independent. He loved the attention he got from other shoppers too! We got so many smiles and waves, and of course Macario ate it all up!
I loved having this experience with him especially since it was something I thought would be so fun as a kid!






No comments:
Post a Comment