Seeing as how it's now Thursday, I figured I better get crackin' on this post before I completely forget what last weekend was all about (as the point of this blog is to preserve our family's memories). I can't believe how long it has taken for me to get my act together! Sheesh!
On Saturday, Aaron had another meet, but it didn't get started until later in the day so the three of us spent the first half of the day together.
Our day got started after Macario's first nap. We ran some errands together, including a stop off at the car dealership (I mentioned car troubles a couple of weeks back and the problem couldn't be resolved until I got some information from the dealer, hence our pit stop there). The morning got away from us and before we knew it, lunch time had rolled around so we took a lunch break and then made a trip to Target for some essentials. Aaron ran home from Target, to be sure he got a workout in, while Macario and I drove home.
We got home in time for Macario's second nap of the day. While he napped, Aaron got ready for the meet and I did some laundry.
That evening, while Aaron was at his meet, Macario and I attended my cousin's Graduation 'Luau' Party. It's funny how it doesn't seem like so long ago that I spent the summer with my aunt and uncle to babysit my cousin over the Summer (at that time they lived several hours away). I was only 15 at the time and he (if I remember correctly) had just finished up pre-school and was headed to Kindergarten that Fall! Time sure does fly. Makes me sad to think about Macario reaching that age before I'm ready to let him go!
![]() |
| Loves to be in the mix! |
![]() |
| My adventurous child! |
We spent Sunday with Aaron's family. We took his mom and uncle with us on a road trip to the outlets! This was our second trip out there with Macario (see a post about that here). He was so cute that last time and we had such fun shopping for him, but this time he was old enough to play at the small amusement park they have there, so we had even more fun this time around!
How to keep a little one entertained in the car (mint tin)
Aaron took him on a ride on the carousel and he loved it! I've never seen him smile so brightly. I almost cried.
After the carousel ride, the three of us also took a train ride around the little park and then headed out to have lunch. While at the restaurant, Macario used the coloring crayons they offered with his kids menu to color his first picture all on his own. He was so into it. I cannot believe how grown up he is. He seriously seems to be doing something new and surprising everyday!
![]() |
| Having a little fun while we wait on the train! |
![]() |
| Mac's first train ride! |
Artistic little fella!
![]() |
| Love those eyes. |
When we were finished with lunch, we headed over to the outlets to do a little shopping. Our main objective was shoes for Aaron and clothes for Macario. I know it seems like we buy him a lot of clothes (as Aaron pointed out to me), but his clothes are always getting stained and I hate dressing him in stained clothing.
![]() |
| What a cute little model. |
Aaron suggested we designate the stained clothes as play clothes and keep some outfits for him to use as his nice clothes, the new ones being designated as "good clothes". That is exactly what I'm going to do.
Maybe next weekend, we'll do a little more shopping to round out his collection of "good clothes"...just don't tell Aaron!
Hope you all had good weekends and that this coming weekend is lots of fun too!























Good idea about the play clothes and nice clothes. I wish I could get my husband to do that with his clothes!
ReplyDelete