What a jam-packed weekend this was. We're still dealing with figuring out to do with all of our stuff, since we can't obviously fit our household into one bedroom! By the time I got in bed last night my body was aching and I was exhausted.
Friday
Macario and I were flying solo on Friday night. Aaron left town that morning for the state championship meet and wasn't expecting to be home until Saturday or Sunday [depending on how well his athlete performed]. Unfortunately for Aaron [fortunately for Mac and me], his athlete didn't make it through the first day of competition, so Aaron decided to come home the same day instead of waiting until the morning.
It was nice to have him home so soon, but the long [very long] day left him feeling tired and a little grumpy by the time he got home and made him realize it might have been better to wait to come home until morning.
Either way it was nice to have him back to spend the weekend with us!
Saturday
We got an early start on the day. While Macario ate breakfast I started to set up for our yard sale. Macario did not want to go down for his first nap of the day, so instead of trying to get him down I took him for a walk around the neighborhood to put up signs and hoped that he'd fall asleep in the stroller. He never did end up falling to sleep, but a couple of hours later [at lunchtime], Aaron got him to go down. Phew!
The turnout for the yard sale was better than expected and we did fairly well! We still have a lot to sell, but we're hoping to have another sale next weekend and then we'll donate whatever is left.
After the yard sale, Aaron and I took some things to storage. We had to purge out some things from storage and do some rearranging just to get the new stuff in. For two people who try to keep the amount of "stuff" we own to a minimum, I can't believe we have almost outgrown our 10x10 unit!
Friday
Macario and I were flying solo on Friday night. Aaron left town that morning for the state championship meet and wasn't expecting to be home until Saturday or Sunday [depending on how well his athlete performed]. Unfortunately for Aaron [fortunately for Mac and me], his athlete didn't make it through the first day of competition, so Aaron decided to come home the same day instead of waiting until the morning.
It was nice to have him home so soon, but the long [very long] day left him feeling tired and a little grumpy by the time he got home and made him realize it might have been better to wait to come home until morning.
Either way it was nice to have him back to spend the weekend with us!
Saturday
We got an early start on the day. While Macario ate breakfast I started to set up for our yard sale. Macario did not want to go down for his first nap of the day, so instead of trying to get him down I took him for a walk around the neighborhood to put up signs and hoped that he'd fall asleep in the stroller. He never did end up falling to sleep, but a couple of hours later [at lunchtime], Aaron got him to go down. Phew!
The turnout for the yard sale was better than expected and we did fairly well! We still have a lot to sell, but we're hoping to have another sale next weekend and then we'll donate whatever is left.
After the yard sale, Aaron and I took some things to storage. We had to purge out some things from storage and do some rearranging just to get the new stuff in. For two people who try to keep the amount of "stuff" we own to a minimum, I can't believe we have almost outgrown our 10x10 unit!
While we were at the storage I found this watch which Aaron bought me for Christmas several years ago! I had been looking for it everywhere and figured it was lost for good. I can't wait to get a new battery for it.
Before heading back home, the three of us took a trip over to Whole
Foods to buy some groceries and grab dinner. Macario was being so cute.
He kept throwing his head back so I could tickle his neck! He's such a
funny little guy.
![]() |
| Our dinner and Mac's sneaky hand. |
![]() |
| Mmm. Chicken Tortilla Soup Face! |
Sunday
This was supposed to be Day 2 of the yard sale, but I was worn out from the yard sale on Saturday [had to keep chasing Mac to keep him from the street], so I decided not to run a second day and go to church instead.
Mac had a fit of diarreha just as we were getting ready to go and by the time I got us both cleaned up we were late and he was begging for a nap. I had hoped to be in church before his nap so that he could fall asleep there, but we never made it that far.
While he napped, I helped my mom clear out the living room so she could shampoo the carpet. Everyone in my family wears their shoes in the house, so even though it doesn't look it, the carpet is very soiled [relative to ours as we never wore shoes indoors]. Since Macario spends so much time playing on the ground, my mom decided she wanted to get the carpet cleaned for his sake.
When Mac got up from his nap, I took him outside to play in the back yard. He loves my sister's dog and vice versa, so the two played side by side, and even together at times, while I straightened up the yard.
This was supposed to be Day 2 of the yard sale, but I was worn out from the yard sale on Saturday [had to keep chasing Mac to keep him from the street], so I decided not to run a second day and go to church instead.
Mac had a fit of diarreha just as we were getting ready to go and by the time I got us both cleaned up we were late and he was begging for a nap. I had hoped to be in church before his nap so that he could fall asleep there, but we never made it that far.
While he napped, I helped my mom clear out the living room so she could shampoo the carpet. Everyone in my family wears their shoes in the house, so even though it doesn't look it, the carpet is very soiled [relative to ours as we never wore shoes indoors]. Since Macario spends so much time playing on the ground, my mom decided she wanted to get the carpet cleaned for his sake.
When Mac got up from his nap, I took him outside to play in the back yard. He loves my sister's dog and vice versa, so the two played side by side, and even together at times, while I straightened up the yard.
![]() |
| Ooo. Dandelions. |
Aaron had left that morning to run practice, but joined us in the back
yard when he got home. I cut up some watermelon for us and we nibbled on
that until it got close to Mac's nap time.
![]() |
| Having some watermelon with Daddy. |
After his nap, the three of us met up with Aaron's family to visit his grandma and then have dinner with his mom.
Macario was being a little clown at dinner and made everyone laugh. He kept taking my straw out of the cup and when he would get it back in the lid he'd yell some sort of gibberish which sounded a little like "I did it!" It was really funny.
Lastly, we stopped at Carter's to do a little shopping before heading home. We intended to go to the consignment shop, but it had already closed, so we hopped into Carter's which was next door.
Macario was being a little clown at dinner and made everyone laugh. He kept taking my straw out of the cup and when he would get it back in the lid he'd yell some sort of gibberish which sounded a little like "I did it!" It was really funny.
Lastly, we stopped at Carter's to do a little shopping before heading home. We intended to go to the consignment shop, but it had already closed, so we hopped into Carter's which was next door.
![]() |
| Images courtesy of Carter's |
I couldn't find images of the other things we got there, but those are some of the items we got. Aren't they adorable? I really want to go back and get some more stuff because they were having an amazing sale! I wonder if that is still going on.
Usually I feel like the weekend goes by so fast and I think that's because I don't usually accomplish everything I set out to on the weekends, but this weekend I did, and so I have to say I don't feel like it flew by. We crammed a lot of stuff into one weekend and even though I'm tired today, I am happy we managed to fit so much in!








No comments:
Post a Comment