Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Weekend (June 16/17)

Whew! We had such a busy weekend. I feel like it's rare that we ever have a relaxed weekend, especially in the Summer. There is just too much fun to be had to sit quietly at home. Hopefully we'll get a relaxing weekend soon though, I feel like I have a lot of chores to do and never enough time to get them done. A quiet weekend at home might buy me more time for that.

In any case, this weekend, busy as it was, was very enjoyable.  Here's what we did:

Saturday:

We did our usual morning stuff as well as some laundry. By late morning/early afternoon Aaron headed out to practice while I darted off to Target to buy myself an outfit and to pick up a birthday gift for Aaron's little cousin. 

Our plans for the afternoon changed a bit and we ended up picking up a BBQ'd tri-tip lunch pack from Whole Foods and ate that at Aaron's mom's  before we headed off to the birthday party for Aaron's little cousin.

The birthday party was at Chuck-E-Cheese and it was Macario's first time being there.  Of course he was scared of the big puppets on stage (what little kid isn't?), but he had a great time running around playing.  It was so funny to watch him run around the gaming area.  He's was not the least bit intimidated by the big kids running around, so I was running closely behind shielding him from the big kids everywhere we went! 

When the ride stopped, Mac tried to restart it by feeding it a coin-sized piece of confetti he was holding!

As soon as we got home, Macario and I got to work on his gift to the fathers in his life (Daddy and both grandpas). He made cute little "Happy Father's Day" signs with finger paint. Aaron got an extra "I love you, Daddy" card from our sweet boy!
Sunday (Father's Day):Macario and I were up early (as usual) and while he ate breakfast, I made Aaron eggs in a basket (heart shaped), a fresh fruit salad and french vanilla coffee.  When Macario was done with his breakfast we delivered Aaron his to him in bed.
Someone has sticky fingers!
The three of us headed out the door before Mac's first nap of the day and met up with Aaron's mom at the cemetery. After a visit there, we stopped to do a little shopping at the baby consignment shop. Among some of the things we picked up, we got Macario this train set:
Aaron says he wants to get him a real train set to go around the Christmas Tree this year. I bet he'll LOVE that!

After our shopping excursion, we met back up with my family as we had reservations at a Mexican restaurant downtown. They were having live Mariachis for Father's Day. 

The restaurant (from their website). They had the white linens out, but it wasn't this formal for Father's Day Brunch.
My actual dish. So yummy.
 
 Mariachis

Can you tell he loved the bean dip?
Mmm
Enjoying his fruit.
The food and music were excellent.  We definitely left happy.

We mad a pit stop back at home to rest a little before heading back out for a BBQ with Aaron's family.  We always have a good time hanging out with them and Macario loves being around all of his cousins.
 
This really was a busy weekend, but well worth the energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment