Thursday, August 9, 2012

Our Weekend (Aug. 4/5)

Friday was my last day of work at the law firm. I got off early that day so I could return the rental car I had while our other car was in the body shop.

Our insurance agent had informed me that our car was ready which is why we returned the rental, but we were disappointed when we called the body shop a they still had a few days left of work!



Despite that let down we took advantage of the time and had an early dinner out before Aaron had to head out for practice.

The next morning I got up early (as usual). Macario and I ate breakfast and then set out to straighter up the backyard to get ready for bbqing and swimming with Aaron's family!

The kids had a great time and the food was yummy! Unfortunately the weather was not very cooperative. We only let the kids swim a short while as it turned cool out. By the end of the day it was sprinkling and there was thunder and lightning. Strange strange strange.










After church on Sunday, Mac and I met up with some of my former coworkers for a play date. He loves being around other kids, but was most interested in playing with the dog. He is such a funny kid!

When we got home he had a nap and then we met up with Aaron's brothers and cousins so they could play football.

While they played I took Macario to the playground to play. That playground was really unsafe. Every slide stopped about 2 feet off the ground and everything was up really high. I don't know who was in charge of planning that thing, but hopefully they've found a new job!


I tried to get to bed early so I'd be well rested for my first day of work, but I hardly ever get to bed as early as I'd like.

It's strange to say that given all the years I fought to stay up as late as possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment