Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pregnancy No. 2: Week 8 Recap

Pregnancy No. 2: Week 8 Recap

8/19 (8 Weeks) – Whew! It’s been a long day today. Aaron Mac and I went to church this morning and then we scooted off to a BBQ with Aaron’s family. I have been so hungry all day that I couldn’t wait to get the BBQ started. I would usually eat a blackened hot dog, but I chose to skip it because they are actually quite bad for your health and I didn’t want to expose the baby to that. It wasn’t hard to skip it especially since I had fulfilled another craving—tortillas with peanut butter! Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy, but some people tried it and they liked it. I actually eat this as a snack when I’m not pregnant so it’s not that I only craved it because I’m pregnant, but I intensely wanted it since I am pregnant.

8/20 (8w1d) – ONLY 7 DAYS TO GO until my ultrasound! Well less than that now, since it’s the end of the day, but that was my first thought this morning. I’m so anxious to see (or at least hear) this little one’s heart beating away in there. I can’t wait. Today my strongest urge has been hunger. I can’t seem to get enough to eat and yet when there is food in front of me I don’t want to eat it at all. I mostly want simple foods like potatoes or cereal. When I have an opportunity to eat those foods I really indulge. Hopefully as my second trimester approaches my taste will level out again. I got to have lunch with my boys again today. It’s such a blessing to get to spend the time with them. Heading to bed early tonight!

8/21 (8w2d) – 6 DAYS TO GO! Despite having gotten a FULL 8 hours of sleep last night (first time in a long time) I was still slow to perk up today. I woke up hungry (of course) and had no time to eat breakfast, so I dug into my lunch a little early. After lunch I was still hungry, but I brought a bag full of healthy snacks to work with me since I anticipated being very hungry. This is definitely much different than my pregnancy with Macario. I was never as hungry with him and my lack of appetite was reflected in the lack of maternal fat gain. However, I already feel very fat already. I guess I should stop comparing this pregnancy with that one, but it’s not easy. I also keep reflecting back on how excited and happy I was. I’m definitely as happy as I was then, but I feel bad that this time I find myself getting so distracted that I forget I’m even pregnant! That is until a wave of extreme nausea hits me. I was able to pay attention to every last detail of the pregnancy with Macario because I had fewer demands on my attention. These days I’m glad I thought to start posting these daily entries as it forces me to reflect on how I’m feeling each day. I’m also considering doing a video diary, but I doubt I’ll be able to find time to commit to that.

8/22 (8w3d) – 5 DAYS TO GO! Today I have felt extremely hungry at all moments of the day. I have eaten a meal and been hungry within 5 minutes of putting away my food. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. (last night into this morning) feeling hunger pangs, but forced myself back to sleep. On the flip side I have been feeling horribly nauseous. I ran to the restroom at work today and almost didn’t make it before I gagged up a bunch of spit and a tiny bit of vomit. What a crazy day!

8/23 (8w4d) – 4 DAYS TO GO! No waking up hungry in the middle of the night last night which is great, but I was so hot last night that I slept in just my underwear and a tank top. I forgot my food at home today so I started chewing gum right when I got to work to try and keep hunger pangs to a minimum. It sort of helped, but what really helped was that I was pretty distracted by work. I had lunch with my old co-workers today and bought myself a few extra snacks to bring back. One of them was a bowl of cut up melon. Mmmm. So refreshing and very sweet—just what I needed in the middle of the day. For dinner I made pork chops. I couldn’t eat right away because by the time they were done it was Mac’s bath time and then he fought me when I tried to put him to bed. I didn’t get to eat dinner until almost 10:00 p.m. and I was so hungry I almost cried! After a full plate of food, I’m still hungry…

8/24 (8w5d) – 3 DAYS TO GO! This week has gone much more quickly than I expected. I’m not sure what it was that helped, but I’m happy to be so close to my appointment!

8/25 (8w6d) – 2 DAYS TO GO! Today was such a nice day. I felt really tired for most of it, but we spent the day at the park and I was chasing Macario all around the place so that could have been it. We got home early in the afternoon which is nice for a change and I started on laundry to keep myself busy since I had to be up with Macario anyway. If I could have I think I would have gone to bed at 7 tonight!

9 Weeks tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment