Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Prenatal Appointment

Today’s prenatal appointment was such an amazing experience. There was so much more stress and anticipation leading to this appointment versus my first appointment with Macario.

Turns out there was no cause for worry. Things are progressing well. We saw baby’s heartbeat immediately and heard the sweet sound soon after.

Aaron came to the appointment, but couldn’t stay because he had to leave for work. He was so happy to hear all the good news later!

Almost as important as hearing baby’s heartbeat was confirming my due date. With Macario I knew exactly when I was due even before I saw the doctor and the date never changed because I knew when I ovulated. This time, I had no clue and based my guess on my LMP, however, I knew that wasn’t totally reliable since I have longer than average cycles (33-35 days).

The doctor confirmed that I was not as far along as my LMP would suggest and gave me a new EDD of 4/1/13 (April Fool’s)! So now, I’m starting week 9 all over again! (I’ve already gone back and changed my updates to reflect the change in dates.)

All I could do was laugh when she told me I was due on April Fool’s Day! Fortunately the likelihood that I will deliver on my due date is slim since I went a week past due with Macario. I sure hope I don’t have a little prankster April Fool’s baby!

I did some blood work (drug screens and iron level checks) and also did some administrative paperwork before I left there.

I’m very much looking forward to my next appointment. I’m scheduled to meet with my old Nurse Practitioner and I think she’ll be excited when she realizes I’m back for baby number 2!

The weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders now that I know this baby is fine!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear you are moving right along and things look great! I am living vicariously through you until we are blessed with #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Glad to have you along for the ride, Dianna! Any idea when you might try for #2?!

    ReplyDelete