Originally written 8/12-8/18
8/12 (7 Weeks) – Today is Aaron’s birthday. We’ve had such a busy weekend celebrating. We had a BBQ at his brother’s house today and got home late once again (though not as late as last night). I hadn’t realized that I was 8 weeks until half way through the day (that’s how busy we’ve been). I was always on top of this stuff with Macario, but life is a lot busier now. I felt a lot of nausea today. At one point I was so sick I thought for sure I would throw up. I didn’t, but I almost wished I had because it might have brought some relief. I have also been really tired, but that could have more to do with how busy our weekend was.
8/13 (7w1d) – I started out the day feeling extremely tired. I was so tired that I almost cried (my usual response to extreme fatigue). That was first thing this morning. At that point I wasn’t sure how I was going to make it through the day. Fortunately, I made it through but not without a few moments of dozing off at my desk. Oops! I continued to feel really sick. I felt so sick today that when I thought about making dinner I would want to vomit, so Tomas volunteered to make dinner if I would walk him through the steps. That was a big help. Once I got Macario down for the night, I decided to lie down and sleep until Aaron got home. That was 9:30 p.m. Now it is just passed 11 p.m. and I’m up again. I just served him dinner and I’m hoping to be back in bed soon. Another symptom I’ve been having which I have forgotten to mention is back pain. I had little to no back pain with Macario, so I’m hoping this will pass soon.
8/14 (7w2d) – The word of the day is NAUSEATED. I don’t remember ever feeling this nauseated with Macario. I texted Aaron today and told him I thought he might be right about this baby being a girl because so far all of my symptoms have been much more exaggerated in comparison with my pregnancy with Macario. It could have to do with the fact that I don’t get as much rest as I did the first time, but it might actually be that my symptoms really are that much stronger. I realize that doesn’t mean that I’m going to have a girl, but it’s funny to say that and assume I’m going to have a dramatic baby girl who is getting an early start at making my life harder! I also got a strong craving for olives today after Aaron mentioned he wanted pizza with olives. I usually don’t like cooked olives, but after talking about it today I could not wait to sink my teeth into that pizza. Another funny thing that happened today was that I started thinking about how long I still have to go before I get to hear (hopefully) see the baby. With Macario I had an early ultrasound (at 6 weeks) and now at 8+ weeks I’m getting really anxious not knowing if my baby is ok. I started to cry a little when I thought about it and I realized that I will probably cry from relief when I am able to confirm that this baby is still growing strong. I did not cry with Macario, but I was also less fearful that he was not growing well as I had previously seen him on an ultrasound. Lastly, the back pain continues…
8/15 (7w3d) – Bought a pregnancy journal today! I always wished I had bought one for Macario’s pregnancy. I made one myself which I am grateful to have, but I always sort of wished I had used a fun one like the one I bought today. I figured that this might actually be my last pregnancy, so I went and spent the 20 bucks and got the journal. I can’t wait to confirm my due date so I can fill in all the dates and start journaling in it.
8/16 (7w4d) – I can’t remember much from this day as I didn’t write any notes
8/17 (7w5d) – Friday! Nothing much to report aside from more nausea. I don’t know if that is enough reason not to worry about baby’s growth, but it sure seems like a good indication that (s)he is growing strong! Today, I got to have lunch with my boys! It was such a treat and I am so happy to have the chance to spend that time with them. I couldn’t eat much of my food because Mac was after it, but I have a hard time eating big meals at this point anyway, so I wasn’t too worried about it.
8/18 (7w6d) – I had a serious craving fulfilled today! I could have cried, but didn’t because I knew how ridiculous that would have seemed to the guy making my (cheese) sandwich, but he has no idea what a hero he was. I kept busy most of the day so I didn’t notice a lot of symptoms other than hunger. I am hungry all the time, but can’t eat much at a time. It’s such a dilemma. Sheesh!
8 weeks tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment