Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pregnancy No. 2: Week 5 Recap

Size of baby: 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure.

Maternity Clothes: I have busted out a few of my maternity tops, but I am still wearing my regular pants.

Gender: Too early, but really hoping for a girl.

Movement: None. Few more weeks left for that.

Sleep: Not sleeping well. Waiting for Aaron to get home at night plus Macario having sleep interruptions really keeps me from getting adequate sleep. When I do sleep I sleep well. I don't think Aaron sleeps well with me in the bed, though,because I generate so much body heat.

What I miss: Nothing really at this point. I haven't had to give much up.

Cravings: No specific cravings. This week (and a bit last week) I started to struggle to find anything I wanted to eat. Something will sound really good, but once I get a serving of food I struggle to get the food down. I tolerate carbs best right now.

Aversions: None yet.

Symptoms: This week the nausea has set in full force. I am also extremely tired. I remember feeling fatigued with Macario, but this is a new level. I think it has to do with the fact that in addition to being pregnant I have the added element of a toddler! Also, my breasts seem to be much fuller already! I don't think that happened this early on with Macario, but I'm really filling out my bra now, so I'm sure it's not in my head!

Best Moment this week: Going for a light workout at the track with Aaron and Macario. I usually stay out of Aaron's track world, but he asked me to come out and bring Macario along so we had a great time playing out there!

Hardest Moment this week: One hard moment was when I was talking with a co-worker who has two young boys. She mentioned that having baby number two will change the relationship I have with Macario a lot. It was hard to think about that. I already know that I'll never be able to focus on him as much as I do right now, but I also feel bad knowing that I'll never get to dote on number two the way I did with Macario. It's too bad he won't remember this time we had before baby number two so he would always remember how special he is and how much I love him. I don't want to fail at loving my children enough.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment