Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Happy Thoughts
I have so much to be happy about. Of course I have bad days and I’m sometimes stressed or uptight, but most of the time I’m full of happy thoughts about my life!
Everything about my son makes me happy. When he’s difficult I can get stressed, but I don’t hold it against him. It’s all still developmental; he’s not deliberately trying to be difficult. He just sometimes needs more guidance than others. He’s really the best and I’m so proud to be his mom.
Lately, it seems as if he is having a burst of intellectual breakthroughs! He’s making sense of things all the time. It’s fun to witness it when something just clicks for him. For example: last night, he started calling for Aaron and when I said, “Daddy’s out on a run, but mommy is going to read to you.” He looked at me quietly for a moment and then pointed to the door and asked, “My dad?” I said, “Yes, daddy’s gone on a run.” Then he pointed to himself and asked again, “My Dad?” With an exaggerated questioning tone as if he was asking, “Wait. MY dad went for a run?” It was really cute and gave me a little chuckle. Then he proceeded to point to me and said, “My mom!” I said, “Yes, I’m your mom.” Then he pointed to himself and said, “Baby?” So I said, “Yes, you’re the baby and I’m the mommy and daddy is your daddy.” He’s known for a long time that I’m mom and Aaron is dad, but it was like all of the sudden it made sense how HE fit in and how we all relate to each other as one little family. After he figured it all out, he smiled contentedly and let me dress him. Precious!
Ever since he’s been born there has been a moment every day that I’m in awe of him and how much he is absorbing from us. I always hope that I’m doing the best job I possibly can, but sometimes I wonder why I even worry because he is amazing and is becoming more so every day!
Besides my amazing son, I have an equally amazing husband. He is such a good daddy which doesn’t surprise me at all. I never worried about his abilities because I could see his parenting instincts when he interacted with our nephew long before we had kids. Now that we have our son, it’s clear that he has fully embraced fatherhood and is great at it! He is Mac’s best friend and role model and he takes that very seriously. He’s also thanked me more than once for making him want children because he said he wouldn’t have experienced this had it not been for me (for a long time before we got married he was insistent that he didn’t want kids). I can’t take the credit, but I’m so glad that he decided he did want to experience parenthood with me!
Baby number two is becoming really active! This makes me happy because I feel like I get to know so much about my children just based on how they move around in my belly. When I was pregnant with Mac I felt like he was really responsive to my feelings/the situation I was in at any given moment which made me think he was going to be very lovable and empathetic. At other times he was just in his own little world making himself comfy in there. I’d be sitting quietly when suddenly he would stick his butt out for us to see, but not before nudging his elbows out side to side and then settling into position. I totally fell in love with his personality before he was even born. He still does the same thing as far as taking his time to get comfy in bed by surrounding himself with pillows and flipping around a few times first. He is also just as lovable and kind as I imagined he’d be. I hope that Baby #2 is going to start showing mommy more insight into his personality!
We still haven’t decided on a name for baby #2, but I’m so happy that deciding on a boy name is less contentious than deciding on a girl name. We really were at a standstill with girl names and that was rough!
Another thing that is making me happy right now is the local Christmas station on the radio! I went the entire season last year without getting to listen to the station because they moved it. I thought maybe the station that was doing it decided to just not do it because I never heard anything about it and couldn’t find it on any other stations, but this year I took the time to scroll through every station and even though it took a couple of rounds (the station had been on commercial) I finally found it and I was so excited! Today I heard one of my favorite Christmas songs, “Last Christmas” by Wham (LOL) and I drove to work smiling. I feel like such a nerd for that, but I really love to listen to Christmas music, but only at Christmas time. It doesn’t appeal to me as much outside of the season. I guess that’s because the vibe isn’t there.
Anyway those are the things that are making me happy in life at the moment. I feel like I could go on and on, but I’ll end this post here and possibly do another entry about some of my other happy thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment