Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween 2012 (Mac's Second)

This year Halloween was on a Wednesday (still a few more years before it lands on a weekend again). Aaron and I both had to work, but we both got off a little early so we could have dinner and get out the door to trick-or-treat with our little guy!


During the day he was dressed in his cowboy outfit. He stayed home with my mom and sister and my sister sent me pictures of him dressed in his little suit. I thought he looked adorable, if I do say so myself. *smile*

I made sure not to put him in his costume until after dinner (the cowboys suit was his pre-costume costume). Fortunately, I thought that through because he got spaghetti sauce all over himself when fueling up before the nights festivities!

Officially, he was going to be dressed as a 49er player for Halloween. He loved dressing up. I think he knew exactly how cute he was.

This year, Sal, Angelo and my sister joined us for trick or treating. Mac loved the company and did such a great job going house to house to collect his goodies.

I brought the stroller in case he got tired at any point (we were pushing close to bedtime), but rather than ride in it he wanted to push it to each house. He had a little method going in which he’d set his bucket in the basket of the stroller as he pushed the stroller to a house. When we’d stop at a house, he’d grab his bucket and walk up to the house (with one of us adults as a chaperone) and he’d say “peese” instead of trick or treat. Then he’d get his candy and say “bye” as he walked his bucket back to the stroller and proceeded to push the stroller to the next house. He did that over and over for a good hour (maybe more). He only rode in the stroller on the way home.

I was really impressed at how well he did and how he totally got the concept. He’s not had much candy in his life so he never used the word until that night. He quickly learned “bucket” and “candy”

He got to indulge in a tootsie pop (until he dropped it) and was so happy.

We finished off the night with a stop at Whole Foods to pick up some snacks for Daddy. Some of the clerks there recognize us (Mac) and were excited to see him in costume. They gave him a treat (his favorite fruit twist by Cliff) and picked up some funny pumpkin glasses!

It was a really fun night. I’m so glad he enjoyed himself.

1 comment: