Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Funday!

Today started off a little rough. Mac was up extra early and was therefore ready for a nap earlier than usual. He was having a total meltdown and I was losing my patients because I was struggling to get myself ready (I had already gotten Mac and our stuff ready) for church, but time was really slipping by as I tried to keep him preoccupied. Finally, I realized he really just needed me to stop and focus on him to help him settle for a nap. I did and he napped long enough for me to finish getting ready.


We missed church, but were ready in time to meet up with Aaron’s mom for breakfast. We had a really nice time with his family and Mac was charming people in the restaurant as usual!

When we got home, I texted my friend who is visiting from Kentucky, to let her know we were ready for her to visit anytime! Mac had just woken up from a nap when she called to tell me she was on her way.

It took our boys a few minutes to figure out how to play together, but once they got the hang of it and a feel for each other they really played well together! There was no fighting, no crying, no anything, it really was great. I love to see Mac play with other kids because it helps me imagine what he’ll be like with his sibling(s).

My friend and I prepared mashed potatoes together (I had a meat loaf in the crock pot). As we were peeling and chopping the potatoes, she commented that it probably had been 15 years since we cooked anything together, and we both (at the same time) said, “it was probably macaroni and cheese” and started laughing. We’re still really in sync that way even though we’ve lived so far away from each other for such a long time.

I noticed she and I were both dressed the same too: dark purple tops, blue jeans. Totally not planned!

Our boys had so much fun playing together, but her son especially loved playing with Aaron. It was really cute to see how well he took to Aaron, but kids usually do take to him really well and he’s very patient with them. He encouraged him to play with everything, tossed the ball with him, gave him chocolate (sorry, friend) and overall kept him (and Mac) fairly well entertained.

She and her son left around 6:30 p.m. I thought it was so much fun having them over and Aaron really enjoyed the visit too! He even jokingly tried to guilt her into moving back so the boys could play together more often.

Was pleased that the day went so well, and look forward to her possibly moving back soon!

Here are some pictures of the boys playing together. They were so sweet!















No comments:

Post a Comment